Coursework & Fieldwork Seeking advice from OTs/OT students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HME4OT

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been accepted into a program and have several months to refresh my memory on prereq coursework. What SPECIFICALLY do you recommend are the most important things to brush up on?

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

I have been accepted into a program and have several months to refresh my memory on prereq coursework. What SPECIFICALLY do you recommend are the most important things to brush up on?

Thanks in advance!
I would suggest enjoying your summer! I am finishing my first year and wish I had spent more time enjoying the summer off than studying. So far there is nothing I can think of that I wish I had reviewed. The stress relief will be worth it once you start the program!

Reactions: 1 users
You should enjoy your summer. I'd suggest you volunteer, pick up a job, go on vacation, hang out with your friends, wake up Saturday morning and watch cartoons.
Once you start the program you'll be wishing you had more time to yourself.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Have fun, and enjoy your free time. You won't be behind on anything if you don't study before starting the program, and you are going to have little to no free time over the next years of your program, so enjoy it while you can!

I would suggest enjoying your summer! I am finishing my first year and wish I had spent more time enjoying the summer off than studying. So far there is nothing I can think of that I wish I had reviewed. The stress relief will be worth it once you start the program!
So not bones, muscles, articulations, t-tests, electron transport chain... nothing?! Hahaha!! I'm happy to hear all of your suggestions to enjoy my spring and summer - I was definitely planning on it!

So not bones, muscles, articulations, t-tests, electron transport chain... nothing?! Hahaha!! I'm happy to hear all of your suggestions to enjoy my spring and summer - I was definitely planning on it!
If you've taken anatomy recently you're fine. I took it about 3-4 years before starting the program and felt fine through kinesiology. So far t-tests and the ETC haven't come up either! Our program is a big mix of recent grads and nontraditional students and everyone has been successful no matter when they took their prereqs/graduated undergrad. Just have fun over your break!

If you've taken anatomy recently you're fine. I took it about 3-4 years before starting the program and felt fine through kinesiology. So far t-tests and the ETC haven't come up either! Our program is a big mix of recent grads and nontraditional students and everyone has been successful no matter when they took their prereqs/graduated undergrad. Just have fun over your break!

Good stuff. I took anatomy in 2010 so I'll def revisit some muscles and bones. You're at SJSU, right?

Good stuff. I took anatomy in 2010 so I'll def revisit some muscles and bones. You're at SJSU, right?
Yes, I am. Focus on upper extremity but don't stress too much. You'll learn plenty in class!