Seeking advice regarding a PM&R job that does fluoroscopic injections of knee and other joint s.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EMG1230

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I am considering part time position that does fluoroscopic knee injections with hyalgan, and also other joints as well. It is high volume, and the initial workup and visit will be done by a PA and primary care doctor, and I would be performing the joint injection, under fluoroscopy. The owner of the office is a chiropractor. Does this sound legal and by the books or does i sound shady? Because a PA or primary doc will have already seen the patient and referred to me just for hyalgan injection of knee or shoulder or etc..., therefore I will only spend a brief time just to examine the patient before i inject. In terms of the procedure note and my documentation of the procedure, I just wanted advice. Since in the past, I would be the only doctor doing the diagnosis and work up and then if needed, i would do the joint injection with ultrasound guidance. I don't use fluoroscopic guidance for joint injections. But this job position used fluoro for the joint injections. Let me know what you think...thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Be a good doctor. Why would they use Fluoro over U/S?

Do you want to be employed by a chiro. Do you want to be a needle jockey? or would you rather be a physician? You know the answer by how you phrased your post.

Make sure you don't have a restrictive "do not compete". You won't last at this job.

Members don't see this ad :)
Be a good doctor. Why would they use Fluoro over U/S?

Do you want to be employed by a chiro. Do you want to be a needle jockey? or would you rather be a physician? You know the answer by how you phrased your post.

They bought a C-arm and did not have money left over for US.

any outfit that has a chiropractor running the show and employs a physician is usually a shady operation until proven otherwise, my poor semiretired ob gyn father in law got caught up in this kind of opportunity, he was not getting paid what was promised, and when they didn't have enough patients for him to inject or see, they didn't bother telling him it wasn't going to work out, he found en route during his 1 hour commute to this shady clinic when the receptionist kept hanging up on him and when he finally reached the chiro he told him not to bother showing up...plus I see advertisements where chiros advertise themselves as physical medicine and rehabilitation physicians, or the worst, when they are pictured w/ stethoscopes in their newspaper ads