Selecting Primary Care Sports Medicine programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lowbudget

7+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
There aren't that many knowledgable posts in the primary care threads, but I was wondering if I can get some advice from all y'all since some of you may have worked with Sports Medicine fellows from primary care specialties.

What factors make for a good Sports Medicine fellowship/program (from a primary care point of view)?

What should I look out for and what questions should I ask fellowships when I apply?

If you were to guess, what makes for a good Sports Medicine Fellow?

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

This is the Orthopedic Surgery forum. It has nothing to do with Sports Medicine or Primary Care. You might have well have posted this in the Urology forum, since it's as relevant there as it is here.

Oh how cute. A little medical student. With an impressive 747 posts since Dec 2006 too. Get some sleep little medical student. I need you to wake up *real* early to write vitals signs into the chart for me, ok? And if you do a good job, or as we like to say "strong work", I *may* let you go home early to read that Sports Med chapter in the Ortho book. You obviously haven't gotten that far.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh how cute. A little medical student. With an impressive 747 posts since Dec 2006 too. Get some sleep little medical student. I need you to wake up *real* early to write vitals signs into the chart for me, ok? And if you do a good job, or as we like to say "strong work", I *may* let you go home early to read that Sports Med chapter in the Ortho book. You obviously haven't gotten that far.

It's always fun when residents are impressed with themselves, or when they're under the impression they know what they're talking about.

Gosh, look at the responses pouring in to your posted question! Wow, guess you were right, Orthopedic Surgery is exactly like Sports Medicine. That must be why they work in the same clinics, round together, and have similar rotations during residency and fellowship. My bad!