Semi-incomplete Prereq's

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

armastice

VERITAS AEQUITAS
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So here's the deal....

I was reviewing my released aacomas app for every school and I noticed that certain schools that I applied to required a prerequisite of Biochemistry.

I have taken a biochem class but I guess it's not enough?
Example: School requires 3 units of biochem. I have 2.7 units of biochem (2.7 because I went to a quarter system school and quarter --> semester conversion gives a decimal)

I don't know how this reflects on my application and whether they will still consider it or not.

Yes yes yes....I know I am stupid for not doing enough research on the schools. :(

But now I want to mitigate/troubleshoot the problem.

My plan of action is to call every school that I have this problem with and to see what they say. I also know that schools allow for you to finish up any prerequisites before matriculation.

Anyone have this kind of trouble before? If so, I'd love to hear about how you solved it!

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think they will be like "you're .3 credits short!" They will probably understand they you go to a school that does quarters. If they send you a rejection, just e-mail them back and discuss your situation. I had something similar happen with physics, and only one school didn't send a secondary. Once I explained what happened, they sent me a secondary the next day.