Send Letter of Intent or wait?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

theroof

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

So I'm currently accepted to SUNY Upstate, and waitlisted at couple other schools, including Einstein.
Einstein is my top choice (love the curriculum, research opportunities, proximity to the city), except for the more expensive tuition. I'm going to be taking out full loans to pay for my medical education, and so money is definitely a huge factor. I hate the idea of having a huge amount of debt with interest accruing year after year. But I also think that maybe I should just think about where I'd really want to go, and think of it as an investment.

My question is, should I send the letter of intent to Einstein right now despite my reservations? I still haven't heard back from Upstate about financial packages, and also I'm waitlisted at two other SUNY schools including Downstate, so I'm just wondering if I should wait until later in the spring to hear back from other SUNYs/Upstate financial package, OR if I should just go ahead and send letter of intent to Einstein, and make a commitment to this school? I'm really confused bc I loved Einstein so much, but money also matters in my mind.

Would really appreciate your thoughts on this. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I was put on the hpwl for Einstein and in the email they do say they are eager to hear your thoughts on attending einstein so i sent it asap