Sending in important LORs after being complete

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bozz

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am considered "complete" at many of my schools since my letters were sent as a packet from my school. However, my school no longer does this and one of my letters that was supposed to be included in the packet (research PI) will have to be sent separately through interfolio. My LOR writer is not done with the letter.

Is it necessary to inform each school that an additional letter will be sent and that they should wait before making a decision? (I selected Letter Packet for all my secondaries) The problem is that it may take 1.5 - 2 weeks to arrive.

Any ideas/suggestions?

I just contacted Mount Sinai and they basically asked me to chill out lol. They won't start interview invites until much later on. So as long as I get my additional letter in soon, I'm fine. I won't have to "hold" my application since I'm already complete.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I would not try and delay your application being reviewed. Just send in the letter when its done. Kindly remind your letter writer you're waiting on him or her