Sending LOR's directly

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gamecock83

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm just applied 3 and a half months earlier than last cycle and to 10 schools instead of 1...

All of my lor's are not on AADSAS forms and it wasn't a problem to send them to my school last year directly. Does anyone know if any schools do not accept the letters directly? I plan on checking and double checking behind each one sent.

Now to go study for the DAT.

Good luck everybody.

-----------------------------------------------
cGPA: 3:46
sGPA: 3.2
DAT: 18/19/18 and rising

Applied: MUSC, Louisville, VCU, Nova, UK, Tufts, BYU, and a couple more to come
(still waitlisted at Tufts from last cycle)

Members don't see this ad.

gamecock83 said:
Well, I'm just applied 3 and a half months earlier than last cycle and to 10 schools instead of 1...

All of my lor's are not on AADSAS forms and it wasn't a problem to send them to my school last year directly. Does anyone know if any schools do not accept the letters directly? I plan on checking and double checking behind each one sent.

Now to go study for the DAT.

Good luck everybody.

-----------------------------------------------
cGPA: 3:46
sGPA: 3.2
DAT: 18/19/18 and rising

Applied: MUSC, Louisville, VCU, Nova, UK, Tufts, BYU, and a couple more to come
(still waitlisted at Tufts from last cycle)

thats BU, not BYU

gamecock83 said:
thats BU, not BYU

I believe BU doesnt want you to send it directly. My question is....

Every school wants a different combo of LOR's. When you go through AADSAS, does every letter get sent to every school or do you tell them which to send where? More important, does it matter?

For example, one school may want a character ref, science prof, and dentist......another may want 2 science prof and 1 liberal arts prof........ So say that means you have 5 LORs (Character, Dentist, 2 Science Profs, and 1 Liberal Arts) Will all 5 get sent to both schools even though each only want a particular combo of the 3?

Members don't see this ad :)
jorUW said:
I believe BU doesnt want you to send it directly. My question is....

Every school wants a different combo of LOR's. When you go through AADSAS, does every letter get sent to every school or do you tell them which to send where? More important, does it matter?

For example, one school may want a character ref, science prof, and dentist......another may want 2 science prof and 1 liberal arts prof........ So say that means you have 5 LORs (Character, Dentist, 2 Science Profs, and 1 Liberal Arts) Will all 5 get sent to both schools even though each only want a particular combo of the 3?

Yeah all five will be sent to all the schools so you want enough LORs to cover the requirements for every school.

does sociology count for liberal arts?

and also what other classes count?