Sending Transcripts to AACOMAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrLiver

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do we need to wait and print a trancript form from AACOMAS online the way it is for AMCAS or can we go ahead and request them now? What about the Texas application service?

Members don't see this ad.

Ummmmmm. I am a little confused what your exactly asking. Are you asking if there is a transcript request form like AMCAS? There is not. I originally sent my transcripts without them to both AMCAS & AACOMAS. AMCAS was a bit of a bitch though as they "lost" my transcripts last May and then blamed me for not adding that stupid page to them....of course they only lost half of them and they recieved half WITHOUT that stupid page. I appeased them and my files were completed by June and verified.

Moral of the story....get the transcripts in as soon as you can and make sure you mark that it is for the 2004-2005 application cycle on them.

DrLiver said:
Do we need to wait and print a trancript form from AACOMAS online the way it is for AMCAS or can we go ahead and request them now? What about the Texas application service?

DrLiver,

Robz brings up a good point. If I were you, I would go to the AMCAS and AACOMAS site around the first part of May (usually it is more like May 10 or so, but keep checking). You can print of those transcript request forms without having completed your entire primary application. You cannot submit your AMCAS or AACOMAS application until June 1st, unless they recently changed that. I would suggest that you wait until you have electronically submitted your applications, take those transcript request forms to your Bursar's office, and fill out the schools necessary paperwork. At my school, each transcript you send is about 6 bucks. When you request your transcripts, be sure to to them to attach those forms to your transcripts. AMCAS and AACOMAS are notorious for losing information.

Best of luck to you. If you need any additional help, just let me know.

Aaron

Members don't see this ad :)
DrLiver,

I forgot to mention about the Texas applications. I am not familiar with that application service, however, if I remember correctly, Texas medical schools have their own application and do not use AMCAS or AACOMAS. There are several med students on here from Texas that could answer this question better than myself.

Aaron

The single piece of advice someone gave me last year on SDN was GET YOUR TRANSCRIPTS IN EARLY!!!

As you will find out, it is a huge obstacle in the process. I remember some peoples applications getting delayed more than a month because of a delay in transcripts.

Get them in ASAP! Even if you're not submitting until August.

Hope that helps.

:thumbup: YF

Do not send transcripts if you have not initiated your application, otherwise their will be no file to put them in. They will prolly get lost.

Texas and AMCAS make you start the application in order to access the appropriate form.

No experience with AACOMAS, but give me another 30 days!

What really sucks is sending all new transcripts when you have taken classes at 6 colleges through ugrad/grad/PB and yet nothing has changed from last year.

OrthoFixation said:
What really sucks is sending all new transcripts when you have taken classes at 6 colleges through ugrad/grad/PB and yet nothing has changed from last year.

MUHAHAHAHHA. I so hear you. I just had to send out five different letters to schools asking for my transcripts to be sent. Its funny to see that the school I went to in NY required me to send them money for transcripts and the schools I went to in TN were free to send transcripts.

:)

My 2 cents are to check if they (AMCAS or AACOMAS) actulally got your transcripts. AACOMAS lost mine and it was close to deadlines, so I missed couple of schools because of their fault... :mad:
So, call them a couple weeks after you requested the transcripts to be send and check if they recieved them.

When AMCAS receives your transcript, they send you an email.

I also noticed that some schools didn't charge anything for transcripts. I thought less of the ones that did charge :thumbdown:

Reminds me of how many colleges treat students baaad. Then right after graduation . . . . Please send a donation!

Yeah, Texas uses the TMDSAS (Texas Medical/Dental School Application Service). You can blanket all the MD/DO schools in the state. Not too shabby. So this may be a dorky question, but that was the only app. service I knew of. I'm assuming AMCOMAS (or whatever the acronym is) is the application service for all the med. schools in the US, is that correct? Can somebody clue me in here, I'm new at this.

BTW, where is UCOM...I keep being told to apply there, but have no clue about it.

OrthoFixation - you're in Plano? where are you applying?

DaveinDallas said:
Yeah, Texas uses the TMDSAS (Texas Medical/Dental School Application Service). You can blanket all the MD/DO schools in the state. Not too shabby. So this may be a dorky question, but that was the only app. service I knew of. I'm assuming AMCOMAS (or whatever the acronym is) is the application service for all the med. schools in the US, is that correct? Can somebody clue me in here, I'm new at this.

BTW, where is UCOM...I keep being told to apply there, but have no clue about it.

AACOMAS is for all of the DO schools, and AAMC is for all the MD schools. (except for Texas I guess)

DaveinDallas said:

Yes Plano . . . I will apply to all TX schools and probably 3 - 5 more.

Baylor is the only TX school not in TMDSAS. They use AMCAS.

I've never heard of UCOM, but TCOM is in Fort Worth.