Senior Year and Possible XF on Transcript - Looking for some guidance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jd1313

Reaction score
Hey everybody,

I won't go into finer detail, but I took an online exam earlier in the semester and am being investigated for academic dishonesty. I did not cheat, however the professor and school have evidence that they have deemed suspicious and it might result in an XF due to the difficulty of providing evidence on my behalf considering the circumstances. If possible, I would like to not have any comments on the case itself but instead have advice moving forward.

The XF typically lasts 12 months on the transcript, and from there you can get it removed through a standard process. As of right now, I interviewed at a number of PT schools but have not received information back as of yet. What I'm trying to get to is if I get an XF, and potentially get accepted into a PT school, what might the next step look like? I'd imagine that if I were to get with accepted but received an XF, I would immediately contact the school and explain the situation, but would also imagine that any acceptance would be rescinded. If that were the case, does anybody have advice about moving past that? I would still plan on pursuing PT school, but may have to wait an extended period of time before the XF is removed. I apologize if the situation seems vague, but any general advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Call any school's departmental counselor; they've likely seen this situation before and can help you. If you want student opinions, research other students on SDN with your issue. My advice would to keep pursuing and do your best to explain your situation. And of course, fight like hell to keep it from getting on your record.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Call any school's departmental counselor; they've likely seen this situation before and can help you. If you want student opinions, research other students on SDN with your issue. My advice would to keep pursuing and do your best to explain your situation. And of course, fight like hell to keep it from getting on your record.

Thank you for the reply, I'll definitely look into the other situations.