SERMO vs SDN

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PikminOC

MD Attending Physician
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been on SERMO too? What do you think about it vs SDN for advice?

Members don't see this ad.

A lot of Republicans on Sermo. Not necessarily a bad thing, but you hear a lot of griping about Obamacare and "entitled" welfare mothers with iPhones. Get's tiresome as a psychiatrist who is trying to help indigent patients connect with vitally needed and underfunded services. A fun place to do battle, if you are so inclined. Site is legit from a security perspective.

Members don't see this ad :)
There is also Doximity, which is pretty secure.

I checked out Sermo many years ago and didn't like it. At the time, my impression was that any decent conversation was nearly drowned out by stuff I just didn't care to read. Republican politics, as described above, as well as one guy from another specialty who seemed to take it as his personal mission to spam the psychiatry forum calling psychiatrists quacks.

Again, it's been many years since I've been there, but at least back then SDN was/is a much nicer place.

Is SERMO the one that's doctors only? I read about or was sollicited about some site that was doc only and was supposed to be more of a "consult" site, with the private forums allowing docs to post questions about real patients and discuss things. Is that what SERMO's like, beneath the politics? I.e. if I have a management or med dilemma is SERMO better or SDN? Or some other site entirely?

I had a similar experience to SUNLIONESS. I don't think it was the republican thing that turned me off. People on SERMO were just downright mean.