Setting new goals 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My goal for 2021 is a relatively simple one: buy clothes that fit. I dropped 15 pounds two years ago but was afraid I'd put the weight back on, and haven't updated my wardrobe accordingly. While the pants are still good, my suit jackets and dress shirts are all too big- I put my arms out to my sides in some of these shirts and I look like a sailboat in a gale.

Unfortunately, I hate clothes shopping with a white hot passion, so while it is a simple fix I'm really going to have commit myself to do it. I just donated a couple of these oversized shirts to the Salvation Army, so I've started the process.
Just get a tape measure and learn how to get some proper points of reference. I've been doing all my online clothes shopping for well over a decade now (it gets easier, right sizes are easier to find, easier to get proper product descriptions and know what fabrics you're going for). Pants can still be a bit tricky/cumbersome to get right (got me some bodybuilder legs/calves to work with)

Can't stand retail clothes shopping (impossible to find right size/fit, color combinations, out-of-stock galore)
Good job on the weight loss

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Our Achilles heel is the lack of aggressive expansion/effective sales team. I strongly believe we offer the best in class service and am dumbfounded at how the smaller regional chains can get a piece of the pie. In my experience most of new business came from M&A (that's how I ended up here) and especially with the infusion of wall street money and merger in the past couple of years, hopefully we should be primed to make another purchase.
So apparently there are some behind the scenes changes taking place with the sales team (thankfully).

On a positive note my facility is supposed to be getting a few new homes. One in December and then one or more in January. Of course I have heard that before so we will see what happens but hopefully it comes through. The one in December only has 8 beds though.

Last edited:
So apparently there are some behind the scenes changes taking place with the sales team (thankfully).

On a positive note my facility is supposed to be getting a few new homes. One in December and then one or more in January. Of course I have heard that before so we will see what happens but hopefully it comes through. The one is December only has 8 beds though.
good news! we got 1 new account too in November and in general was fairly busy last week. I'm thinking assuming the two vaccines get EUA's in early December, residents will definitely be first to get it along with front line workers. Hopefully by feb census will pick up as a result knowing that any new admits will be vaccinated

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Enjoy your travel

To not get laid off due to being with the company for too long due to them wanting to hire new grads for a cheaper rate.

Enjoy your travel 2021 part 2

Unrestricted until you aren't: 'It's unfair': British tourists fume as Portugal removed from safe travel list

Portugal has lifted most of its lockdown restrictions. The government has been heavily criticised for allowing thousands of mainly maskless English football to party in Porto during the Champions League final last weekend.

Some locals worried it could fuel a spike in cases.

The country of just over 10 million people reported 769 new COVID-19 cases on Thursday, the highest daily increase since early April. Total infections now stand at 851,031.

The British government's decision is a huge blow for Portugal's tourism sector, which represents a significant chunk of GDP and has Britain as one of its biggest foreign markets.

Car rental prices still inflated: Las Vegas travelers to pay hefty holiday price for rental cars

Last year, many companies sold cars sitting idle. Rental companies now aiming to scale their inventory to pre-pandemic levels are finding difficulty as a global chip shortage is hurting automakers. And rental companies seeking used and new cars are also competing against regular buyers willing to pay a premium.

Euros need dat "Anglo" money

If you were increasing your lifetime hydrocarbon footprint last year wantonly, it was kind of a sweet spot. Middle seats blocked, no one going to Vegas, etc. Popular NPS sites in the U.S. still spammed though

If you were increasing your lifetime hydrocarbon footprint last year wantonly, it was kind of a sweet spot. Middle seats blocked, no one going to Vegas, etc. Popular NPS sites in the U.S. still spammed though

Can confirm that Tahoe was a zoo last summer. There were even rows of illegally parked cars along the side of the road.

Goals:
1.) Save my emergency fund up
2.) Keep traveling and enjoying my job
3.) Keep at the loan payoff process

Others:
1.) Read at least 3 non-pharm books a month/back to the public library!
2.) Wake up early every day and hit the gym
3.) Make meditation a consistent daily process

Reactions: 1 users