About the ads

1. Check out PREMED.me!
    Offers FREE service to help premeds manage their applications and MCAT study calendars and identify schools to target.

Sgu

Discussion in 'What Are My Chances?' started by Hockeyfan23, Feb 22, 2012.

1. SDN is a nonprofit organization. Services are made possible through the generous support of SDN members and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. Hockeyfan23

Hockeyfan23

Medical Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    I recently received an email from one of the reps at SGU medical school and she claimed that they only have a 7% attrition rate (3% for personal reasons and 4% for academic reasons). Does this sound about right. This sounds much better than what everyone else on SDN claims it to be.
  2. theseeker4

theseeker4 MS 3

Medical Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    My guess would be they are lying. How many are in an entering class? And how many graduate each year?
  3. Xypathos

Xypathos Member

Pre-Medical
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    I assume you're referring to the SGU in the Caribbean and not the SGU that's based in Cyprus (though attached to the University of London)?

I can't speak from experience but everything I've heard from students there suggests their attrition rate is closer to 35-50%, that like Ross, AUC, AUA, etc they accept an abundant amount of students and thin out the flock over the first two years.
  4. Temperature101

Temperature101

Medical Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    If you can get into SGU, I think you might be able to get into some low tier DO schools. Why dont you try DO instead of going to SGU that has a high attrition rate and will limit you chances to get residency