Sgu

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hockeyfan23

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently received an email from one of the reps at SGU medical school and she claimed that they only have a 7% attrition rate (3% for personal reasons and 4% for academic reasons). Does this sound about right. This sounds much better than what everyone else on SDN claims it to be.

Members don't see this ad.

I recently received an email from one of the reps at SGU medical school and she claimed that they only have a 7% attrition rate (3% for personal reasons and 4% for academic reasons). Does this sound about right. This sounds much better than what everyone else on SDN claims it to be.
My guess would be they are lying. How many are in an entering class? And how many graduate each year?

I assume you're referring to the SGU in the Caribbean and not the SGU that's based in Cyprus (though attached to the University of London)?

I can't speak from experience but everything I've heard from students there suggests their attrition rate is closer to 35-50%, that like Ross, AUC, AUA, etc they accept an abundant amount of students and thin out the flock over the first two years.

If you can get into SGU, I think you might be able to get into some low tier DO schools. Why dont you try DO instead of going to SGU that has a high attrition rate and will limit you chances to get residency