Shadowing during the school year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Snake Doctor

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How does it work if you want to shadow during the academic year with a full time course load?
I shadowed a podiatrist at a hospital before in which I spent the whole day... but that was during break when I'm back in my hometown.
Do you shadow for half a day or go in like 3 hours per wk?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Some podiatrists may let you come in for a couple of hours per session. The podiatrist I shadowed worked in two locations, his private business and at a surgery center. He gave me the option to call him a day or two before I would come in, and I would shadow him for about two hours each time. Most of the podiatrists that I have talked to are pretty helpful and encouraging so I'm sure they are willing to be flexible with students' schedules.

How does it work if you want to shadow during the academic year with a full time course load?
I shadowed a podiatrist at a hospital before in which I spent the whole day... but that was during break when I'm back in my hometown.
Do you shadow for half a day or go in like 3 hours per wk?
Thanks!

I shadowed 2x week for a few months then my doc. offered me a job working in reception for like 4 hours a week [which was basically me shadowing her but getting paid for it] :luck::luck:

I shadowed 2x week for a few months then my doc. offered me a job working in reception for like 4 hours a week [which was basically me shadowing her but getting paid for it] :luck::luck:
:thumbup: