Shadowing help? ASAP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aspiringDPT231

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
How long did you guys shadow before entering into college? My PT said he did over 300 hours so should I shadow him for like 100 hours and then switch locations?

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't shadow at all before entering undergraduate school. Hell, I didn't decide to go into PT until two years after undergraduate school. Just get your hours as soon as you can and start lining up those LOR's.

If you're not even in college yet there is no rush. You could easily do enough hours to get into PT school in one summer if you really needed/wanted to.

Members don't see this ad :)
For your freshman year just focus on getting good grades and having some fun. A lot of people blow their GPA right at the beginning.

^^ This. Focus on getting As in every class. Once you get a more clear idea of what schools you want to apply to, then talk to them about how much observation you need. I got all of mine done during a single semester once I knew I had my GPA locked in. Starting out in school though, focus 100% on your classwork to keep your GPA as high as possible.