Shadowing Podiatrists through Local POD schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

newenglandlobster508

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have been having some difficulties shadowing a podiatrist,

When I was applying to DO schools a while back, they just recommended I ask my local school, (I am in the silicon valley, CA). So I did

Is it similar for Podiatry schools? Samuel Merrit seems to be the closest to me. Also does anyone know if this is a decent school? Ive read about it but all I can find is people complaining about tuition and cost of living. I really would like to be able to go to medical school close to home if I Can.

Members don't see this ad.

When I was applying to DO schools a while back, they just recommended I ask my local school, (I am in the silicon valley, CA). So I did

Is it similar for Podiatry schools? Samuel Merrit seems to be the closest to me. Also does anyone know if this is a decent school? Ive read about it but all I can find is people complaining about tuition and cost of living. I really would like to be able to go to medical school close to home if I Can.

Yes, contact Samuel Meritt, they should have alumni in your area that you can shadow.

I can't comment on the quality of Samuel Meritt. Obviously it's probably one of the most expensive schools, but they probably also have some of the highest scholarships. I think I saw someone get like a $20,000 first year merit scholarship. And then further scolarships are always available depending on how you perform each year.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using SDN mobile

Call CSPM.

If not, email, phone, walk in person to nearby podiatry offices and cold approach them.

As for CSPM- I got to meet Dr. Tran at a health fair in person. Super cool guy, very knowledgeable, and overall a doctor I'd want to be by the time I graduate.

Can't speak for the school.

There are a few students in this forum who go to CSPM. Try making a separate thread or for a quicker response, read through some of the threads on here and see what members currently go there. PM them for a first hand account of the school.

Cold calling in-person works, as well, if you have some local podiatrists in your area. Just be respectful and dressed appropriately, in case the doctor lets you shadow the same day!

Reactions: 1 users