Share DAT destroyer or buy my own?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Davermz450

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'll be studying for the DAT with a friend, do we need our own destroyer or will one work?Trying to minimize costs but if it's not worth sharing we will spend the money. Any other study materials that you guys think are unshareable??

Members don't see this ad.

If I could've shared one copy wıth a frıend, I would've gladly done ıt. I thınk ıt mıght be a lıttle dıffıcult ıf you're workıng on dıfferent sectıons at the same tıme (unless you cut the bındıng and splıt the book ınto sectıons). On that same veın, how do you plan to use ıt? If you're goıng to just revıew sectıons, then doıng ıt together mıght be really benefıcıal. If you're tryıng to get your speed up for a sectıon then sharıng ıt would be very dıffıcult, unless agaın you separated the book and worked dıfferent sectıons.

I thınk the same about any study materıals. All depends on how the two of you plan to study thıngs, ıf you can work out a method that allows for sharıng the resources wıthout ınhıbıtıng progress, then ıt's fıne.

I think the Destroyer really gave me an edge in the sciences. I did REALLY well. I personally would want my own copy of it, as I found it to be super important. If you think of the cost of dental school and supplemental fees, you realize you are going to spend a nice chunk of change during the application anyways. I bought a used copy, so maybe that's how you can cut corners if you decide to buy your own. I wouldn't skimp on study materials. I would have my own copy, although everyone is different...

Thanks for the respones! what are some materials that my friend and I could share? all the online tests?

Thanks for the respones! what are some materials that my friend and I could share? all the online tests?

If you guys can share a laptop or somethıng, Crack PAT would be awesome for sharıng. I'd also recommend the paıd ADA practıce test, save quıte a bıt of money between those two, just sharıng them.