Shenandoah University DPT 2017 - Interviews, Comments, Concerns

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AdaPTTech

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I recently received an interview for the Shenandoah University DPT program that's scheduled for December 15, 2017. I figured there had to be more students out there applying to Shenandoah as well so I created this forum. There's another one that is focused on 3 DPT schools in the area so I decided to make one specifically for Shenandoah.

1) Has anyone received their interview time from Shenandoah?
2) Is anyone flying in from out of state? If so which airport are you flying into?
3) For those from the Virginia Area which one is better to fly into?
4) Has anyone previously interviewed with Shenandoah? Or know what to expect?
5) Is Shenandoah your number 1 choice? If so why?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello all,

I recently received an interview for the Shenandoah University DPT program that's scheduled for December 15, 2017. I figured there had to be more students out there applying to Shenandoah as well so I created this forum. There's another one that is focused on 3 DPT schools in the area so I decided to make one specifically for Shenandoah.

Yes... Kind of. I received a detailed email the Wednesday before Thanksgiving but they forgot to add the time. I emailed them but haven't heard back. I need to call them. The email started with.., "We ask that you be at the facility by . " (oops!!)

Are you interviewing in Leesburg or Winchester? Dulles airport is very close to Leesburg (less than 10 miles) and Winchester is about an hour away.

Sorry, no.

Shenandoah is not my number 1. I live in Ashburn (10 min. from Leesburg campus) and I would prefer to go away for graduate school. Since the school is private (no in-state tuition) I don't save anything by living at home. It's actually cheaper for me to go to an in-state school and pay living expenses. However, I keep it on the table because I like living in Northern Virginia and I would like to build relationships with local PT's to help in having a job after graduation.

Hope that helps. Good luck!

1) Yes... Kind of. I received a detailed email the Wednesday before Thanksgiving but they forgot to add the time. I emailed them but haven't heard back. I need to call them. The email started with.., "We ask that you be at the facility by . " (oops!!)

Are you interviewing in Leesburg or Winchester? Dulles airport is very close to Leesburg (less than 10 miles) and Winchester is about an hour away.

Sorry, no.

Shenandoah is not my number 1. I live in Ashburn (10 min. from Leesburg campus) and I would prefer to go away for graduate school. Since the school is private (no in-state tuition) I don't save anything by living at home. It's actually cheaper for me to go to an in-state school and pay living expenses. However, I keep it on the table because I like living in Northern Virginia and I would like to build relationships with local PT's to help in having a job after graduation.

Hope that helps. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I have an interview with Shenandoah on the 14th. I got an email on 11/19 with my confirmation and it let me know that my time was at 8:00am. Shenandoah is not my number one choice, but it is higher up on my list of schools.
Good luck y’all!

Not interviewing at Shenandoah, but I'm a Winchester native, and Dulles airport is the closest large airport around, followed by BWI!

Thank you all. I booked my flight but I'm unsure whether I'm still going to the interview. I'm from Texas and I just got accepted to my number 1 school. It's in Texas and it's only 37,000 for all 3 years, but Shenandoah is a very close second because I'm extremely interested in their dual DPT/MSAT program so I'm a bit conflicted.

Hello all,

2) Is anyone flying in from out of state? If so which airport are you flying into?
I also received an interview for Dec. 15th for their Winchester campus. My time is 12pm. I am driving from Ohio so I hope the weather holds up for both of us coming from out of state (if you still attend)! Shenandoah is a very close second for me with their DPT/MSAT program sparking my interest. Good luck everyone!

I was offered acceptance today to the Loudoun campus!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Me too! Congratulations!! Will you be attending?

Congratulations to you too! I am still waiting to hear from VCU and Duke so I don't know if I'm attending. You?

Was accepted to the Winchester campus today!

Reactions: 1 user
Congratulations to you too! I am still waiting to hear from VCU and Duke so I don't know if I'm attending. You?
Thank you!! I'm hoping to hear back from ODU and VCU before I make a final decision. But I heard that people have already started hearing back from both schools so I'm thinking my chances are pretty slim. We'll see! Either way, I loved Shenandoah and Radford the most so far!