Program-Specific Info / Q's Shenandoah University OT 2020-2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

otd24

Reaction score
Hey guys! I wanted to make a thread for those who have applied to SU's OT programs and have been accepted. I had an interview a couple of weeks ago and was accepted but just wanted to see if anyone else has been accepted/ will be attending?
I have talked to several people who have been accepted into the MOT program and I just want to see if anyone else has been accepted into the OTD program?! :)

Members don't see this ad.

When was your interview? I interviewed December 4th but I haven't heard anything back :unsure:

When was your interview? I interviewed December 4th but I haven't heard anything back :unsure:
My interview was the 3rd! Did you interview for the MOT or OTD program?

Members don't see this ad :)
I have an interview on Monday (Jan. 25th) for the MOT program because I think they're running behind from the OTD program. Any suggestions for questions I should be prepared for? Thanks! :)

I have an interview on Monday (Jan. 25th) for the MOT program because I think they're running behind from the OTD program. Any suggestions for questions I should be prepared for? Thanks! :)
Nothing specific you should be prepared for other then the normal interview questions! They’re all super friendly and will make an effort to get to know you through a conversation rather than drill you with questions!! Good luck :)

Reactions: 1 user
Nothing specific you should be prepared for other then the normal interview questions! They’re all super friendly and will make an effort to get to know you through a conversation rather than drill you with questions!! Good luck :)

That's great to know! Thanks so much! :)

I was just accepted into SU's MSOT program, and I will be accepting!

Hooray! Can't wait to meet you too! Should we start a Facebook group or something?
Not sure, we have an admitted student event over zoom on the 15th (Not sure if you will get your official email by then, but if you didn't know about it already, you should definitely email and see if you can go! They said there will be another event in person for all of us in April also). Hopefully we'll figure out more and talk about a group then.

Not sure, we have an admitted student event over zoom on the 15th (Not sure if you will get your official email by then, but if you didn't know about it already, you should definitely email and see if you can go! They said there will be another event in person for all of us in April also). Hopefully we'll figure out more and talk about a group then.
Yes! I got my official email on Monday and I just put my downpayment and secured my spot! I saw in the email about the virtual admitted students day, but there's no other info about time or anything, right? It would be nice to know, since I have work regardless of the holiday, but I really want to attend and virtually meet everyone!

Also, do you work with a school and an OT named Mrs. Crum?

Yes! I got my official email on Monday and I just put my downpayment and secured my spot! I saw in the email about the virtual admitted students day, but there's no other info about time or anything, right? It would be nice to know, since I have work regardless of the holiday, but I really want to attend and virtually meet everyone!

Also, do you work with a school and an OT named Mrs. Crum?
The virtual event is 9am-12pm on zoom! I got an email to register for it about two weeks ago and once I registered, I got an email with the zoom link. I've never worked with a Mrs. Crum; I'm actually at Shenandoah for undergrad.

The virtual event is 9am-12pm on zoom! I got an email to register for it about two weeks ago and once I registered, I got an email with the zoom link. I've never worked with a Mrs. Crum; I'm actually at Shenandoah for undergrad.
I actually hadn't gotten the info/registration email for the event, so I called them today and they sent it to me! Apparently they forgot to send it to those of us who just got admitted last week! haha I'll see ya virtually on Monday!

And never mind then! Looks like there may be two Lindsey's in the program then. I work with a kid who does virtual school, and her OT (Mrs. Crum) said one of the school's paras also got into SU's MSOT program! At least, I think her name was Lindsey. But that's cool that you're currently at SU and going right into their grad program!

I actually hadn't gotten the info/registration email for the event, so I called them today and they sent it to me! Apparently they forgot to send it to those of us who just got admitted last week! haha I'll see ya virtually on Monday!

And never mind then! Looks like there may be two Lindsey's in the program then. I work with a kid who does virtual school, and her OT (Mrs. Crum) said one of the school's paras also got into SU's MSOT program! At least, I think her name was Lindsey. But that's cool that you're currently at SU and going right into their grad program!
Yay see you then! & That's funny, it's definitely a common name so I wouldn't be surprised 😂. & Yes I have loved SU! I have had such amazing professors the past couple years so I'm definitely looking forward to being in the graduate program. I also love the main campus in Winchester and work in the student center so I'll be staying here and commuting to Leesburg 😊 Hopefully I'll be able to find roommates that have similar plans hahaha