Should be fun: URM 3.59cGPA, 3.47sGPA, 30MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JawntilDawn

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
MD resident. I have strong EC's with research achievements and community service leadership. Would anyone mind chancing me for these schools?:

-Geisel at Dartmouth
-NYMC
-Florida International
-Drexel
-Jefferson

--See why I said it would be fun? :D Thank you for your time!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Which under-represented community do you represent? And how have you shown a commitment to it?

I'm Hispanic. My mother is from Argentina. I did not highlight my commitment to the Hispanic community in my application. The most I can say is that I speak Spanish and that I still visit my family in Paraguay.

I'm Hispanic. My mother is from Argentina. I did not highlight my commitment to the Hispanic community in my application. The most I can say is that I speak Spanish and that I still visit my family in Paraguay.
South Americans are not generally considered under-represented in medicine, but language skills are highly valued. You are going to need a longer list.

I agree that south american is tricky. Many schools won't consider it urm, but there are schools like utah that do. Maybe make a list of tentative schools then ask them if you'd be considered urm.