Should I add an addendum to my application?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oceanhue

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have already e-submitted, but I was wondering if I could add an addendum to the applications that I already applied for? I took the GRE and scored badly (minus my AW score) and I wanted to make sure that I won't be judged too harshly for this, because for once this was out of my control. I took the test shortly after having a head injury and I'm still in a lot of pain. I was supposed to see the neurologist, but I have not gotten around to it. But I am on medication for my head and I'll admit, during the GRE after the writing portion I started to have sharp pains in my head. I then started having issues reading the questions (I couldn't read for a week after the day of my head trauma) and started to skim because I couldn't take looking at the screen anymore. It was honestly my fault for taking the test when I know that I'm still ill and I knew I couldn't withstand taking a four hour test, I can barely read a book for more than 20 minutes, but I needed to take the test to meet deadlines. Deferring the test wouldn't have made a difference either since I'm sure these issues are going to stick around for a couple of more months (for instance, I have soft spots all over the back of my head and I still can't drive for long distances).

Any suggestions? And for reference, I did pass the test, but I scored pretty low. I know I could have scored higher if I was well, but I don't want them to think that I'm just giving them excuses.

Members don't see this ad.

Does SOPHAS allow you to add an addendum after you submit? If not, you could e-mail all of the schools you applied to and explain your situation.

However, have you considered waiting and just re-applying next season? You haven't seen a neurologist yet, and it sounds like you could be having some serious issues. Even if you were to be accepted, would you be able to handle the classes were these issues to still be present? I would suggest going to see your neurologist ASAP.

Does SOPHAS allow you to add an addendum after you submit? If not, you could e-mail all of the schools you applied to and explain your situation.

However, have you considered waiting and just re-applying next season? You haven't seen a neurologist yet, and it sounds like you could be having some serious issues. Even if you were to be accepted, would you be able to handle the classes were these issues to still be present? I would suggest going to see your neurologist ASAP.

The average amount of time that it takes to recover is three months. I'll surely be fine after an entire year.