Should I address a one semester gap in my education?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

steelydan

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I took one semester off after my first semester of undergrad due to financial instability. After I was able to find full-time work, everything calmed down, and I was able to re-enroll in classes. I was wondering where/if I need to address this in my application? I know that some secondaries have some room to explain these gaps, but I was wondering if it needed to be explained in my primary? I would prefer not to change my PS since it has been well received by those who have read it. Would something like this need to be explained if I've been enrolled consistently for the last 3.5-4 years? Any advice from @Goro would be especially appreciated! Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everybody,

I took one semester off after my first semester of undergrad due to financial instability. After I was able to find full-time work, everything calmed down, and I was able to re-enroll in classes. I was wondering where/if I need to address this in my application? I know that some secondaries have some room to explain these gaps, but I was wondering if it needed to be explained in my primary? I would prefer not to change my PS since it has been well received by those who have read it. Would something like this need to be explained if I've been enrolled consistently for the last 3.5-4 years? Any advice from @Goro would be especially appreciated! Thanks.
Only if asked about it.

Reactions: 1 user