should i apply just to apply

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

valuepak17

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Just apply to sfsu and take some classes. Put down any random major like mcb or so. And hang in there for a year, take some upper division classes.
The application process is stressfull and costly. Make sure u're from an underserved background as well. So, u're fully qualified for the post-bac thing. You don't want to do all of the application to get the denial letter and find out that u're not even qualify for the program. PM me if you have any more question about the Post-bac program.
Tink

I believe there is a post-bac program at SFSU but designed for students who are applying to medical school. You can be part of that program and just take the courses offer through that program. I also believe that Cal State Hayward and SJSU has post-bac programs as well.

I don't think it matters if the program is designed for med or dentistry, it just matters that you are trying to improve yourself.

Another idea is to take courses through the UC Extension, although that's a lot more expensive.

Hope this helps.

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't do master, there are lots of string attached if u want to do so, plus you want to go to d-school in 04, so you have only one year and master requires 2 years. Take good classes in sfsu. For the falls, take Pharmacology is a must, for the Spring, take histo.
Just take hard core science classes at sfsu and do well, that's enough to convince the committee.
Good luck

Hey, value, you got all that right. Now that u're done with the DAT. The hardest part is over. Get online and apply to sfsu right now. After the Spring and the summer, it'll be enough to convince the committee. I think.
Just concentrate on your classes and work on the personal statement. Send it in on the first of June. I'm sure you'll get in.
Hope to see u around next semester. Lemme know how it goes.
Tink