Should I be worried about going to the school that has the status of Accreditation with Heightened Monitoring?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Timeless:)

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently got accepted to a DO school and found out the school is on heightened monitoring.
I am happy with my A but a little worried at the same time.
What could possibly happen if the school does not meet the standards and regain its accreditation status? I am assuming the school would have to shut down its program.
Then what would happen to the students?

Members don't see this ad.

The best predictor of the future is the past, and historically DO schools dont get shut down left and right. And DO schools, especially newer ones, often have their share of issues. Not much you can do about it now if youve already accepted, but the chances of it being shut down are probably very low/astronomically low.

The best predictor of the future is the past, and historically DO schools dont get shut down left and right. And DO schools, especially newer ones, often have their share of issues. Not much you can do about it now if youve already accepted, but the chances of it being shut down are probably very low/astronomically low.
Out of curiosity has there ever been a DO school that has closed down?

Members don't see this ad :)
Out of curiosity has there ever been a DO school that has closed down?
Just the College of Osteopathic Physicians and Surgeons. But it eventually became UCI's MD school.

It's a great story:

One has to admire the ruthlessness of the CA Medical Association. They almost managed to extirpate the DO degree in CA, but overplayed their hand.

Reactions: 1 user