Should I bother with these secondaries? MCAT 29, 3.3 GPA (c & s)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yogacat

Medical Student
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just received secondaries form Drexel and Minnesota (Twin-Cities Campus). I've already applied to some MD programs and several DO programs. I would apply to the Drexel MD/MPH program. Minnesota essays are almost all pre-written and I have family ties to the state but never lived there. Advice? Thanks! :)

Non trad
5+ years in public health laboratory
4+ years in clinical research (lab work and subject recruitment in hospital)
2 publications with several more (fingers crossed) this year
200+ hours volunteering in hospital
200+ hours volunteering in the community (non-health)
Excellent letters of recommendation from MD/PhDs
MCAT 9V 11PS 9B

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Yes don't give up I've read some weird stories about acceptances so keep moving forward.

Your GPA numbers are significantly <U MN's avg's. You're <10th %ile, so I don't think it's worth the money. You do have a chance at Drexel, but I'm not sanguine about other MD programs. You're fine for any DO program, including mine.

If you're committed only to MD, then the SMP is recommended.

Just received secondaries form Drexel and Minnesota (Twin-Cities Campus). I've already applied to some MD programs and several DO programs. I would apply to the Drexel MD/MPH program. Minnesota essays are almost all pre-written and I have family ties to the state but never lived there. Advice? Thanks! :)

Non trad
5+ years in public health laboratory
4+ years in clinical research (lab work and subject recruitment in hospital)
2 publications with several more (fingers crossed) this year
200+ hours volunteering in hospital
200+ hours volunteering in the community (non-health)
Excellent letters of recommendation from MD/PhDs
MCAT 9V 11PS 9B

Thanks!

Your GPA numbers are significantly <U MN's avg's. You're <10th %ile, so I don't think it's worth the money. You do have a chance at Drexel, but I'm not sanguine about other MD programs. You're fine for any DO program, including mine.

If you're committed only to MD, then the SMP is recommended.

Thanks! I was hesitant about U MN for that very reason. Will probably just apply to Drexel and I did apply to your school :)