Should I continue with research?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted632431

I did Psychological/Neuroscience research during the Spring 2014 semester. I was going to continue to do research in the Fall 2014 semester, however my schedule did not work with the research lab schedule.

My question is: should I do research NEXT semester of Spring 2015?

So I don't reveal TOO many details, I'm just going to say that this research was on PEOPLE. We didn't run PCRs or those molecular biology tests or whatever. Since it was my first semester, I mostly was in charge of scheduling and basic tasks. However, if I go back to research, then I will be in charge of the paperwork and running some of the brain activity machines.

What do y'all think? Also, I will be applying to medical school in May 2015.

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, I am from Texas. I guess it was the "y'all" that gave it away.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, I am from Texas. I guess it was the "y'all" that gave it away.

Only a Texan resident would say that he/she is applying in May because TMDSAS opens up in early May. AMCAS and AACOMAS, on the other hand, open up in early June.

It is better to stay doing actual research imo. Or pick a different lab that will give you actual lab benchwork.

I did Psychological/Neuroscience research during the Spring 2014 semester. I was going to continue to do research in the Fall 2014 semester, however my schedule did not work with the research lab schedule.

My question is: should I do research NEXT semester of Spring 2015?

So I don't reveal TOO many details, I'm just going to say that this research was on PEOPLE. We didn't run PCRs or those molecular biology tests or whatever. Since it was my first semester, I mostly was in charge of scheduling and basic tasks. However, if I go back to research, then I will be in charge of the paperwork and running some of the brain activity machines.

What do y'all think? Also, I will be applying to medical school in May 2015.

Do you enjoy it? Do you learn from it?

If you feel like it's giving you a lot of experience, and you have enough time, keep going. It would be helpful to A) get an experience and B) have some consistency

I wonder if we go to the same school.. hmm. My school is also in Texas and does a lot of neuroscience/psychological research...

Hahaha. Cool. :)

Do you enjoy it? Do you learn from it?

If you feel like it's giving you a lot of experience, and you have enough time, keep going. It would be helpful to A) get an experience and B have some consistency

I wonder if we go to the same school.. hmm. My school is also in Texas and does a lot of neuroscience/psychological research...

Hahaha. Cool. :)