should i lie in my P.S ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

csudental

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
i will apply next cycle but i started writing my P.S.
i'm thinking to say something not true about how i got admitted to my school. Most of the people get admitted by the regular method so am i. When i got admitted to my school i got accepted to a program his name is EOP(Education Opportunity program), he offers grants and other many services . Some people didn't got admitted by regular method because of their low GPA or low SAT or they haven't complete the requirements! So the EOP make with them a contract to let them admitted to the school as they are the first generation of their family to attend a college.

I'm thinking to mentioned that i got admitted to my school by this program, not by regular method and i started from nothing and now i'm one of the top of my class and part of the Honors program

I know it's a bad idea,but what do you thing guys ?

Members don't see this ad.

Blank+_68d695a38e9283c54b5c91d1dbb2032a.png

Reactions: 10 users
Okay, this has to be a troll...

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Believe it or not, my adviser told me to mention it

because she is the only one in the Biology department and i need a LOR from her as most of schools need a pre-health adviser LOR that's why i go to her office twice a month to know me more!!! and i contact before the Health advisers organization it's freaking famous organization and their job is to help you if you don't have an adviser at your school but they said you have one so we can't advise you, as we only help only people who don't have a pre-health adviser in their school
Why are you still going to that advisor?

Last edited:
I have no idea what's happening in this thread.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
the hell is this question.
If you are serious about entering a professional school, you should know the answer to this question already.

This is an attempted troll. Period.

I think it would be unlikely that some fact about how you were admitted into a program would be the difference for getting you into dental school.

On the other hand, if the truth came to light, it could easily cost you the chance of acceptance, this cycle and down the road.

Reactions: 1 user
You don't have to lie on your personal statement. Just be honest. I am pretty sure no one cares how you got into said program. The journey towards becoming a dentist it so hard and taxing. There are many trials and tribulations that we ALL go though to get there. Let them know the mountains you had to climb to be able to be apart of there program. Have them scratching their heads, wondering why they shouldn't accept you. Just be you and if it's not good enough for them then they are not good enough for you. Never mold yourself to fit into someone else perception of the perfect applicant because truthful the perfect applicant really isn't perfect at all.

i moved when i was in 7th grade and i lived in a ghetto area so my junior high or high school haven't any programs for people from foreign country

There's been a lot of stupid questions being asked on this forum recently, but this one...

Reactions: 2 users
Why has this guy not been banned yet?

Reactions: 4 users
I am pretty bad at english as well, but I have no idea what you are talking about.

1.) Don't lie in your personal statement
2.) You will be questioned about it if you are granted an interview.
3.) Dentists are suppose to be one of the more trustworthy health professions, please do not let them think otherwise lol.
4.) If you ever need to improve in learning english, I highly suggest talking to several people that are really intelligent. Just by hearing how they speak will help you greatly. Unless you wanna keep interacting with the people that says YOLO, dawg, you hittin' da hay, how you does it?, you is cool, that ain't right, why you have to be like that?

What schools want letters from a pre-health advisor? Plus if your English is this bad in your PS then I don't think you have to worry about lying.

Why not just say you were admitted to your school by saving the Dean's daughter from getting hit by a bus and it almost cost you your life? Much more impressive in my opinion. And then say that you became a top student and got into the Honors program because you saved the Dean's son from a mugger, not because of your GPA. The only bad part is you will have to kidnap the Dean's children and hold them for ransom until he agrees to vouch for you, should dental schools try to verify with him. You have to take risks as a dentist though. Are you up to it?

Reactions: 1 user
I swear , All the posts by this kid (OP) are trolling. It's just gotten rather annoying. Use your head and stop asking unnecessary questions. Should I wipe my booty after a number 2? Well no s..... Sherlock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk