should i minor in sociology or psychology?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tomatoketchap

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
help me!!:)

Members don't see this ad.

doesnt matter! do whichever you think will be more interesting. more interesting=easier to study=better grades=higher GPA=D.D.S. acceptance=$$$$$$$$

I'm doing a psych minor because I find it interesting, and the 3 credit classes are a nice [very] EASY break in between a full upper-level bio schedule!

Members don't see this ad :)
It's my opinion that nether one is a very good minor to prepare you for dental school.

I would say should I choose Biology or Chemistry.

help me!!:)
This is highly dependent on your personal circumstance, so it may be more helpful to you if you provided some more details on your decision making process. Start thinking, what would you benefit from it and at what costs...

I chose Sociology because I found the courses to be interesting. It really just depends on the person. I also got a minor in Chemistry. I enjoyed the fact that my sociology classes helped to break up the monotony of having all science courses (don't get me wrong I love science :) but it was nice to have something different). Plus, I made A's in all my sociology classes which helped boost my GPA :D

Instead of the minor, take histology, cell biology, microbiology physiology, anatomy, or any relevant courses to dentistry... This will be more beneficial since dental school doesn't care about minors, usually.

If you really want to take one of the two take psych. First of all, psych is fun. Second of all, psych offers quite a few neuroscience courses (at least at my school), which are not helpful for dental school (except maybe for the neuroanatomy part) but ridiculously interesting. Then again I am biased due to being a psych major ;)