Should I put my ophthalmology experience under "optometric experience" on OptomCAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

terpnation

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have several years of experience working as an assistant in ophthalmology. Can I put this experience as "optometric experience" or should I label it as "employment?"

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• OptomCAS.png
    OptomCAS.png
    93.5 KB · Views: 64
I have several years of experience working as an assistant in ophthalmology. Can I put this experience as "optometric experience" or should I label it as "employment?"

If you were compensated, it should go under employment I would say. Optometric experience would be more-so shadowing/volunteering. Or you could put it under employment, and then add the shadowing aspect of it under experience and talk about hands-on learning and what not.

Put it as Optometric experience. It lets you check off a box that says something along the lines of “I was compensated” which shows them it was a job. I did this with 4+ years worth of optom work and the schools didn’t question it. I also put the employment description under the desc part.