Should I re-take Business math?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

airborne81

Nursing Student
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody, first post here. I've learned a lot just by reading other forums but I felt like it was time for me to ask a question.

A little background information.

I graduated high school in 1999 and I was a history major and I didn't take school seriously like other people on this forum. I took business math which was a 100 level course and I got an F. Gave up in school and joined the military for a while and did a few tours in ugly places and matured really quickly. Currently I'm going to 7th best nursing school in the U.S. I realized that I didn't want to be a nurse when my instructor's kept saying, you need permission from a MD, PA, NP, etc... I hated the fact that RN's don't have much autonomy.

Upon graduating nursing school, I still have to take 6 more pre-req's for med school. Calc, Chem2, Ochem1,2 and Physics 1,2. Should I also retake my business math class which I took 10 years ago? or should my Calc class be sufficient?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everybody, first post here. I've learned a lot just by reading other forums but I felt like it was time for me to ask a question.

A little background information.

I graduated high school in 1999 and I was a history major and I didn't take school seriously like other people on this forum. I took business math which was a 100 level course and I got an F. Gave up in school and joined the military for a while and did a few tours in ugly places and matured really quickly. Currently I'm going to 7th best nursing school in the U.S. I realized that I didn't want to be a nurse when my instructor's kept saying, you need permission from a MD, PA, NP, etc... I hated the fact that RN's don't have much autonomy.

Upon graduating nursing school, I still have to take 6 more pre-req's for med school. Calc, Chem2, Ochem1,2 and Physics 1,2. Should I also retake my business math class which I took 10 years ago? or should my Calc class be sufficient?

It is dependent on whether you want to apply DO or MD. For MD, retaking business math gives you 0 benefit. For DO, it increases your GPA significantly - since they replace grades.