Medical Should I reserve a spot for MCAT next year in case I don't get in this cycle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Smile12

Admissions advisor
Staff member
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently applying this cycle and only have one interview thus far. The greatest weakness I see in my application is my MCAT score (509), and if I were to reapply, I would focus on increasing my score by a few points. I know test dates fill up rather quickly, so would it be unreasonable to reserve a test date in the spring and then cancel 30 days before if I am already accepted? Thanks!

I guess you can do that. 508 doesn't close the door for you for DO or some MD. Your GPA is also decent and doesn't rule you out. Just be aware of the refund and cancellation policies.

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah honestly with that score, I would focus more on casting a wider net assuming that the rest of your app is OK. But reserving a spot is reasonable if you think that would help; it's your money.

I reserved a spot when I thought I screwed up my MCAT score. You never know how it's gonna pan out...better to plan ahead. If you end up getting into medical school the extra money is a drop in the bucket.

Status
Not open for further replies.