Should I retake classes at community college or 4-year university?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

carson16666

Reaction score
I got three C's in three biology classes in my freshman year at community college. I have since transferred to a 4-year university and I was wondering if admissions would care if I retook the classes at my 4-year university versus the community college I originally took them. They aren't the same exact classes; I would be taking a transfer equivalent. Thank you! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Why are you retaking them at all? Those Cs will still be counted in your GPAs anyway. So unless it’s for boost in knowledge…

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Why are you retaking them at all? Those Cs will still be counted in your GPAs anyway. So unless it’s for boost in knowledge…
That's a whole other question I'm trying to decide. I've gotten an A in pretty much every biology course since then, so obviously I have a pretty good knowledge of biology. I'm not sure if retaking intro level biology courses is necessary.

My reasoning behind retaking it was that I need to prove to medical schools that I have since mastered the content and that I just made stupid mistakes in my freshman year.

That's a whole other question I'm trying to decide. I've gotten an A in pretty much every biology course since then, so obviously I have a pretty good knowledge of biology. I'm not sure if retaking intro level biology courses is necessary.

My reasoning behind retaking it was that I need to prove to medical schools that I have since mastered the content and that I just made stupid mistakes in my freshman year.
You have certainly done that if you’ve taken other biology courses and done well in them since Freshman year.

Reactions: 2 users