Should I Retake the MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

derronyu95

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I just recieved my MCAT scores. I got a 510. However, it's a bit unbalanced. My CARS section is a bit low.

This is my score report:
127 for P/S
125 for CARS
129 for Bio
129 for psych

Any thoughts? Should I retake the MCAT? To improve my CARS? Also, I have a 3.67 GPA. What are my chances? What's a 125 equivalent to on the old MCAT? Is the 125 going to look bad on my application?
Thank you for your time!!

Members don't see this ad.

Don't retake, that's a great score and I know of several with a 125 in cars who have acceptances already this cycle.

As far as comparing to the old mcat, it's between an 8 and a 9 based on the percentiles.

What schools did your friends get into? if you don't mind me asking. :)

I wouldn't retake it....it's slightly unbalanced but none of your scores are 124> so it doesn't matter. Stick with your MCAT- you did great :)

Does anyone know if MCAT retakes look bad if you have a kind of low undergraduate GPA (3.3) but did MUCH better the second time around? I also have a low grad GPA (3.08 in a master's program- life SUCKED and I was in a really bad mental place and almost dropped out after getting mostly B's and B-'s throughout my master's and one C+).

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't retake!! I had 509 overall with a 124 in cars (was always my worst area), but I have had 3 md ii's and 1 acceptance so far. You should get in somewhere with that score unless your goal is a very top-tier school. Good luck!!