Should I review the statistics and general chemistry before the school starts?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PeachPie1234

Reaction score
I have heard that I definitely need to review organic chemistry and physiology for sure before the school starts. I am trying to find out if I need to review the statistics and general chemistry.

I took statistics about 3-4 years ago, so I don't really remember much. Should I review it before school starts? Also, if I need to review General Chemistry, should I review all the topics to be safe? I included the general chemistry topics in the thread. Thank you.

General chemistry I

Photons

Electron configuration

Periodic trends

Bonds

Lewis structure, resonance, geometry

% composition, concentration

Balancing Reactions, Displacements

Stoichiometry

Gases/kinetic theory

Thermo concepts (specific heat, calorimetry, enthalpy changes)

General Chemistry 2

Thermodynamics

Equilibrium

Acid and base

Solubility product & precipitation (Ksp)

Electrochemistry

Chemical kinetics

Nuclear chemistry

Members don't see this ad.

Well, the first advice is to relax and wait until school starts to get busy. You will be busy the next couple of years learning every day. If you really would like to get some head start I would focus on Biochemistry if you haven't taken since that is 99% the first semester, especially the amino acid structures and the biochemical pathways (Krebs, prostaglandin synthesis, fatty acid metabolism etc.) and the top 200 drugs. Just google them and read about them. That will give you a head start for your 1st semester. But honestly relax, pharmacy school is hard but not impossible.

Reactions: 1 users
Well, the first advice is to relax and wait until school starts to get busy. You will be busy the next couple of years learning every day. If you really would like to get some head start I would focus on Biochemistry if you haven't taken since that is 99% the first semester, especially the amino acid structures and the biochemical pathways (Krebs, prostaglandin synthesis, fatty acid metabolism etc.) and the top 200 drugs. Just google them and read about them. That will give you a head start for your 1st semester. But honestly relax, pharmacy school is hard but not impossible.
I signed up to take biochemistry this Spring semester. Thank you for the advice!

Best thing I ever did before undergrad as well as pharmacy school was to relax and chase my hobbies. You're paying a lot of money to take these courses so just go with the flow. You'd be surprised how much you remember once you get into student mode. I majored in Biochemistry, took a break from school for 5 years, then went to pharmacy school (refused to study anything).

At most, study top 300 drugs (brand/generic) and then spend the majority of your time enjoying your freedom of not being a student.

Reactions: 1 users