Medical Should I schedule my top choice interview first or later versus other interview invites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoSpursGo

SDN Chief Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good morning, experts!

I have some very exciting news that I wanted to share and perhaps seek some guidance moving forward. I have been invited to interview at my state school (on of my top choices!) and it is, so far, my only II. I can interview as soon as 9/22, but am familiar with the "don't interview at your top choice first" adage. I feel as though 3 weeks will allow me to prepare well, and while my application is strong enough for me to feel optimistic about an invitation from elsewhere, I am not confident that one will arrive early enough to allow me a "practice run".

Should I take the soonest interview at this very desirable school and enjoy the peace of mind afforded by an early "A" (if all goes well), or should I exercise patience and opt for a later date to try to squeeze another interview in first?
It’s really a personal choice. In general there is also value in interviewing early because you’re competing for more open seats. So there are pluses and minuses both ways

Members don't see this ad.

If its your state school, do you have some sort of connection with a student there?

see if you can do a mock interview with them. you can reach out through old college friends, family, social media and give it a try

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.