Should I take this position?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mdpowerb

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was a vice president in an organization last year and this year they want me to start my own vp position. I'm planning on taking the MCAT this year (feb. or march) and I just don't think I need another year of being VP... Do you think it matters or it would make a difference for medical school. (I have alot of volunteering, research and I'm planning to be an active member in a different organization) Should I take the new position or just dedicate more time to MCAT and classes??
Best thanks,

Members don't see this ad.

If you're passionate about this certain organization i'd say go for it. If you think it'll hinder you and probably take away from some studying time, you can let it go. You don't want too much stuff on your plate, especially if you have a heavy course load or other time commitments. You know how you feel better than any stranger on the internet would, just be logical.

I said I was going to take a May mcat. Started studying in January. It lasted until March, and I delayed until July. I truly thought that 2 to 3 hours a day of the sn2ed schedule with more time on saturdays plus a full class schedule plus collegiate athletics would work. HA. Minimize all EC's while studying for the mcat beast, because you will fall behind your study schedule and you will get a lower score than if you just focused on the test.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sounds like your extracurricular boxes are checked off. Focus on getting that MCAT score as high as possible.

Thanks. I think I'll let it go.. just like what LiamNeesons said I should have enough extracurricular stuff.