About the ads

Should I tutor?

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by smileyman22336, 04.16.11.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsors, and our volunteers. Learn more about our nonprofit mission.

Thanks to Crack the PCAT
  1. smileyman22336

smileyman22336

Non-Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    I'm possibly gonna be hired as a tutor for math and science...Generally for college algebra and calculus I'll be good, as well as Organic Chemistry 1, but I don't know about pre-calculus or gen chem 1 and 2 as weird as that may seem, since I haven't taken them in so long. I'm a little hesitant because I know I can figure out how to do it but I'm not so great at it. I need to review my material. I wanna add this to my application to pharmacy school, but at the same time I'm gonna retake pre-cal, chem 2, and I'm taking genetics, so I don't know if working 20 hours a week is a good idea. I wanna apply for 2012 pharmacy school.

2. crazybob

crazybob

SDN 2+ Year Member
    Sometimes as a tutor, you tend to review material you have learned a long time ago before helping someone with it. Are you going to be tutoring the same person or the same group over a long period of time, or is it like at a designated place at school where anyone comes in for help?

3. smileyman22336

smileyman22336

Non-Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    It's a designated place @ school where anyone comes in for help. Also, tutoring appointments can be scheduled. But generally, people walk in for help when they need it.