Veterinary Should I voluntarily submit academic records that school did not ask?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Smile12

Admissions advisor
Staff member
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently received an offer from overseas university for vet medicine. I applied there in a last minute and wasn't even hoping to get an offer, but this is the only offer I have this cycle.

Background:
I immigrated to US 14 years ago with a bachelor degree from my native country. The degree is in engineering. My GPA is pretty low. I have never attended any college in US full-time or earned any other degree besides my bachelor degree. I do, however, took courses I interested in here and there (at least 3 different schools because we moved a lot at the beginning) and just received my pre-med certificate from a 4 years university.

Question:
This school has graduate entry for people who have a bachelor degree (or about to have) in bio/biomed/animal science. Obviously, I do not qualify. On the international students requirement page, it states, "Those candidates with a non-science degree or lacking some prerequisites will be considered for entry to the 5-year MVB programme." So, I applied through the 5 years program. On the application, the school asks, "List the college you current attend or have attended previously". I can only fill in one school, so I put my current university because it shows related science course work that the school requires to see. These 2 days, I look through the application and all the description online regarding to international applicants, it does NOT ask for all course work nor does it ask me to list out all the schools I have attend. With all the information school asks for, I provided it truthfully.

I am applying for loan. Of course I need to disclose that I already have a degree. In this case, should I contact the school voluntarily and provide ALL past academic record? I don't want them to think I intentionally not provide the record, but I also don't want to stir the water if it is unnecessary.

Thank you!
It's not clear that you used VMCAS to apply to your vet school. Could you be more specific on how you applied, especially if you did little coursework in the United States?

Thanks for the reply. I did not use VMCAS as it was way past VMCAS's deadline. I applied directly to the school by using the school application system.

I looked at the school application system again. For post-secondary school info, the section title is,

"This section is for the entry of your academic record at either a College you are currently attending or have attended previously. Third level (i.e. university) only. Previous High School/Secondary School details should NOT be included."

There is scroll down for school name...so I really can only put in one.

Members don't see this ad.

I would contact the school and just ask them what they were looking for? State you listed your current school where you are just taking some classes, but not the one from which you received a degree. Ask if they'd like the information from which you received your degree and/or other coursework. That's the only way to be perfectly clear - is to communicate with them directly.

I just wanted to follow up on this! The school confirmed that whether or not I have a degree will not affect the admission decision. I did provide all they needed to know during the admission process. : )

What a relief... phew!

Status
Not open for further replies.