Should my partner send letter of intent?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Devboy

Reaction score
I have been really grateful to be accepted to my top choice at Johns Hopkins School of Medicine. My partner is applying to PhD programs and also interviewed at Johns Hopkins. With that being said as I do not know much about grad school admissions if it is a good idea for her to send a letter of intent since I have been admitted. This would be one of our only chances to stay in the same location as the the nearest program she has gotten admitted to is five hours away. Like I said I have no clue if letters of intent are even a thing in grad school admissions, but would appreciated any feedback. We plan on getting married at some point in the future and I know long distance can be straining during medical school, willing to make it work but obviously would love to stay in the same city.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Not presuming the PhD program is in the medical school, your partner should let the admissions committee know of your acceptance. No guarantees, but it's helpful. It depends more on the department and faculty if they want to work with your partner (or have the funding).

Congratulations! Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user