Should you tell your top choice school of another acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheElephant

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I am thinking of writing a letter of interest to a certain school and in that letter I want to mention that I have been accepted to another medical school but their medical school is still my first choice.
Do you think it is a good idea to let a school know that you have been accepted to another institution?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think that mentioning other schools is really constructive in a letter of intent. You want to focus on their school, why it's right for you, and what you can contribute to them. Make your point clearly. You will go there if accepted, but don't elaborate on how they better scoop you up now cause others are clammering for your bad self.

don't tell them you got another acceptance.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you guys. Now in my letter I also mention their reputed Public Health School, although I have right now not applied for MD/MPH. Should I go ahead with this also?

Thank you for the feedback.

i think if you are truly interested in possibly doing an MPH, feel free to throw that in there! don't specifically say you are going to apply. say you think it's a really great program and has drawn your interest even more and that you are thinking you'd like to maybe apply... something like that.