signed pre match , not going for match and now want to withdraw form prematch

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ranisharma55

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I friends , I am in a unique position and was wondering if some one can guide me . I accepted a offer of pre match from advance program in jan . Now I realized that I don't want to going the program and would like to stay in medicine. I have already withdrawn from match and looking for advance position in medicine and would like to stay in medicine. 2 questions

1. If I withdraw a prematch offer , Can I do that ? I really don't want to join this advance program .

2. If I withdraw prematch would it be violation of match . Technically I never went into match . I have withdraw my application from NRMP any how . I might get offer of advance year from medicine soon .

Please advise if any one know some one in this situation before and can guide me how to withdraw from pre match offer

Members don't see this ad.

Since it’s outside the match it’s by definition not a match violation. Whether you signed or did anything else that puts you in a legally binding agreement to the program you previously committed to, nobody can say without knowing exactly the arrangement.

Obviously they can’t physically make you show up if you’re dead set against it, but if you signed something trying to go back on your agreement may have consequences. If they made you sign anything to finalize the offer you accepted, read it. That will probably answer your question of what the consequences of reneging are.

Reactions: 1 user
Make sure you are honest with yourself about your competitiveness before you proceed with giving up a guaranteed spot.

Reactions: 6 users