Since people are saying BS is more like VR than ever before...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yanks26dmb

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Should this be taken to mean that studying minute details is even less important? Can it be inferred that the bulk of BS answers are hidden within the passages themselves?

Members don't see this ad.

During my prep (test = April 24) I have found this to be somewhat true. A good amount of the AAMC BS passages I've done were either obviously straightforward questions or questions which stemmed from the passage, which is a trend alot of people have talked about with the AAMC moving toward more experimental based BS sections.

Members don't see this ad :)
you're gambling if you dont want to study biology indepth i think. If AAMC did not want you to know details then they wouldn't have listed them on the topics page!

Nah, I'm fully studying BS (using sn2ed plan). I just have a tough time with all the details TBR calls for...whereas I consistently score 12-14 in VR. Reading comprehension has always been a strength of mine...rote memorization of tiny details, not my strongest suit.

Reactions: 1 user
The Bio Sci isn't "more like VR than ever before" - this is a common SDN myth. It's always been very reasoning and passage based. Seriously just go take AAMC #3 or 4 or whatever. You'll see tons of questions that are based on reasoning and the passage. Of course, you'll also see lots of questions based on outside knowledge. But scoring 12+ in VR is a very, very good sign. With that kind of critical reading skill, you'll do great on the exam :)

P.S. come see me after you rock that 99th percentile MCAT score. I'll have a job for you ;)

My exam had a lot of experimental based questions and the passages were longer and more complicated (most representative would be AAMC#11 Bio section)