SIS maui conference - march - anyone going?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Y’all can take this to PM. This thread is about Hawaii, baby!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I’m so jealous Zuckerberg bought up a huge chunk of Kauai. My daydream is to run into Priscilla at the Kauai Costco and get an invite to all that sweet sweet Facebook land.

Members don't see this ad :)

seems like they are relaxing as cases are going down

data showing masks reduce viral particle spread

data suggesting masks reduced infections in Canada:

modeling showing masking reduces infection and death rate:

study showing that 3 strong predictors for mortality are mask wearing (or lack thereof), age >80 and obesity:

wearing masks and isolating sick ppl in NH reduce infections:

Australia study:

study suggesting lockdowns and mask wearing reduced numbers:

Bangladesh - mask wearing reduced infection rate in >60 age group

within this article, there is a graphic that shows 11 studies supporting mask wearing:

okay have to go see patients, otherwise i could do this all day...

(if you like, ill continue on the Coronavirus thread. but misinformation needs to be addressed.)

data showing masks reduce viral particle spread

data suggesting masks reduced infections in Canada:

modeling showing masking reduces infection and death rate:

study showing that 3 strong predictors for mortality are mask wearing (or lack thereof), age >80 and obesity:

wearing masks and isolating sick ppl in NH reduce infections:

Australia study:

study suggesting lockdowns and mask wearing reduced numbers:

Bangladesh - mask wearing reduced infection rate in >60 age group

within this article, there is a graphic that shows 11 studies supporting mask wearing:

okay have to go see patients, otherwise i could do this all day...

(if you like, ill continue on the Coronavirus thread. but misinformation needs to be addressed.)
Brian Kilmeade told me that masks only reduce risk of getting Covid 2%, and was paraphrasing Scott Gottlieb. So there is that.

Our office is mostly libertarian physicians here in the Rocky Mountains.
We haven’t required patients to wear masks since last summer. (Once everyone in our state who wanted a vaccine had gotten one)

I haven’t worn my mask outside of an airplane since I got my second dose of the vaccine last winter.

im sure you don't agree, but this is nothing to brag about.

masks may not be all that effective for omicron, but they certainly were for Delta, which falls in the timeframe you mentioned.

nobody likes wearing masks. then again, nobody likes dead bodies.

first do no harm......

Reactions: 3 users
Evidence based medicine on COVID. From our government?? 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Please post true statistical evidence that masks stop omicron…..the world is waiting for you to save us all, only a millennial can do that.

You were trolling when you just now commented on my post from a week ago.
Only interested in starting an argument. I know it, you know it, so don’t be surprised at my answer.
I didnt say 'our government'. If its such a sign of oppression, please walk into a room with TB patient without a mask on.
Also, not a millenial, but also not a boomer, boomer.
Apparently you can read minds now, and know exactly why I commented a week later instead of immediately. /s

Reactions: 1 user
The Big Island is the coolest. We went from tropical beach to frozen mountain top in the same day. The air is so thin on Mauna Kea, just taking a few steps made me light headed.

Conferences in fancy locations are more fun for the family than they are for the attendee, unless you plan on skipping parts of the expensive meeting you signed up for.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
thats a good reason to add at least 2-3 extra days to the trip, if you can.

i love the Big Island because of the diversity. it isnt what i would call a "beach" vacation.

you can do a day trip to the Big Island and get some of that flavor.

in terms of Maui, definitely the beaches. snorkeling maybe a tour. Mt Haleakea bike tour (have to be 12 years old)

eat a fish taco. laulau. at least 1 bowl of loco moco. shave ice.

its okay to skip the poi.

thats a good reason to add at least 2-3 extra days to the trip, if you can.

i love the Big Island because of the diversity. it isnt what i would call a "beach" vacation.

you can do a day trip to the Big Island and get some of that flavor.

in terms of Maui, definitely the beaches. snorkeling maybe a tour. Mt Haleakea bike tour (have to be 12 years old)

eat a fish taco. laulau. at least 1 bowl of loco moco. shave ice.

its okay to skip the poi.
Loco moco is where it's at.
Also, buy poke or sushi from the local grocery store. It'll probably be better than many sushi restaurants on the mainland. Bonus points for spam musubi

best sushi i ever had was in Big Island. it was in the sushi restaurant at the Four Seasons hotel. at that time, the chef was getting his sushi from local fishermen that would bring in their "catch of the day"...

best sushi i ever had was in Big Island. it was in the sushi restaurant at the Four Seasons hotel. at that time, the chef was getting his sushi from local fishermen that would bring in their "catch of the day"...
D@^^^!+, Duct! Stop thread crapping. We're going to Maui not the Big Island.

But seriously, any recs for good places on Maui are appreciated.

maui is beautiful.

my 3rd favorite island (admittedly i have not been to Molokai).

if you havent been to Hawaii, it is probably the best island to start.

Maui is pretty packed but has a lot to do and feels less touristy...
Haven’t been in 20 years but the big island was more my cup of tea. Maui was packed, but not even close to Honolulu, which was like south beach and NYC hybrid.

Sansei up by Kapalua is excellent sushi. Mama's Fish House is a standard recommendation, and is outstanding and worth the cost. Pacifico'o in Lahaina is an excellent seafood restaurant with beachside seating

i agree with Mama's fish house. expensive.

otherwise its been a while but... (these are all dives. not a date place)

Paia Fish Market. various different locations. fish taco.

Ululanis Shaved Ice. will never view a slushy the same way again.

Maui rotisserie chicken. i think it was right near Ululanis (again, its been a while!)

Waikapu on 30.

Mama’s fish house

Leoda's Kitchen and Pie Shop.