Program-Specific Info / Q's SJSU--not listed in OTCAS Programs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CAOT

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
Gearing up for OTCAS 16/17 cycle, and I am not seeing SJSU listed in OTCAS under Programs? Their website (which may not be updated?) specifies to apply thru OTCAS.

Perhaps they just haven't opened this cycle yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,
Gearing up for OTCAS 16/17 cycle, and I am not seeing SJSU listed in OTCAS under Programs? Their website (which may not be updated?) specifies to apply thru OTCAS.

Perhaps they just haven't opened this cycle yet?

They just haven't opened their cycle yet. San Jose's cycle is open from Oct. 1 - Feb. 1. They have a checklist of items to complete so it would be a good idea to get some of those done in the meantime.

Okay, thank you for taking the time to reply!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello,

If SJSU does not start taking in applications until OCT 2, does that mean that I won't be able to turn anything in (such as letters of rec) until then?
I was thinking about asking my professor/OT's I've worked with to start writing me my letter of rec. But what if they will have it ready by the end of the month and they are ready to turn it in? Does this mean they won't be able to turn it in until October? I'm confused.

You can ask for letters of recommendation now. Evaluations can be submitted even if the cycle for SJSU doesn't open until Oct. 1. Other schools have open cycles already so the system doesn't lock anyone out simply because a program's cycle isn't open yet. Basically just because your evaluations are submitted, doesn't mean you HAVE to submit your applications that same day. I had my letters ready last year by September 30th but didn't submit my application until November 5th because I felt my personal statement wasn't strong enough. I did miss a couple schools' deadlines but I wasn't planning on applying to those anyway.

Basically, recommendations can be submitted even if the cycle for the program you're interested in isn't open yet.
Hope this makes sense.

Last edited: