Skype interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

serimeri

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I had 3 interviews scheduled these next couple of weeks but unfortunately sustained trauma In a car collision and don't feel up to flying out right now.

Is there any possibility I can ask programs to skype me as they are full on other dates?

I would not ask this if I were not completely afraid of having my sutures come open on take off and landing. I'm in excruriating pain.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

We had a promising candidate last year request this as she was unable to travel due to pregnancy, and we agreed to a phone interview.
But her paper application was excellent--we'd be less interested if it were a more marginal candidate, I think.

You can ask but I am not sure how many programs would be willing as a lot of the interview process is about having the applicant visit the program. You would probably get more out of it if you could push the interviews back to when you could travel.

I think I'm just going to push the interviews back. There is no point in pushing for something that they would not do for other candidates especially since I'm such a marginal candidate. However I guess we'll see what I can change, I just dont' want to go to an itnerview and be grabbing my abdomen in pain.