sleep/osa screening

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kstarm

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was looking at IASP recommendations for chronic pain measurements. They discuss sleep and suggest using STOP-BANG as part of a screening tool, especially if the patient is on opioids. How much screening are people doing around sleep? Are you asking primary to evaluate, or sending for sleep studies yourself if you are prescribing?

upload_2016-2-26_15-12-28.png

Members don't see this ad.

Recent data suggest a 'threshold dose' for CSA exacerbation @ 200MED.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was looking at IASP recommendations for chronic pain measurements. They discuss sleep and suggest using STOP-BANG as part of a screening tool, especially if the patient is on opioids. How much screening are people doing around sleep? Are you asking primary to evaluate, or sending for sleep studies yourself if you are prescribing?

View attachment 200785
I do this on all new evals and refer to sleep medicine if they have 3 or more risk factors. I would order the sleep study directly but organization doesn't let me.

I have started doing them. I think I have sent 4 and all 4 have needed night 02 2L/min. Sats like 78-82%. Not good. All of them were less than 35 bmi.