Slots for Mcat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fathergoat

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I noticed that there are not any slots remaining for the January MCAT. Anyone know when they periodically release the cancelled slots or how to obtain a slot?

Members don't see this ad.

I just saw on line that premeds are flying to Canada and Guam to take this thing. Good luck kiddos I'm sorry you're all getting the Shaft. Also try check for change its a browser app for seeing if dates become available. We did that for step 2 dates this year.

Dudeees, the spot for Canada was gone AS I was checking up prices, so mad. Guam disappeared within the TWO hours that it took me to decide if the $2400 and 21 hour flight was worth it.

Usually people get cold feet and drop out a few days before. I don't think that will happen since the demand for a January spot is through the roof. I would start looking forwards to the 2015 MCAT.

Members don't see this ad :)
As previous threads indicated, stalk stalk stalk. Unfortunately, I was not one of the lucky few that grabbed the limited slots released a couple of weeks ago by AAMC. Since then, every day I checked frequently for spots in the US and international. I was willing to travel to Europe if a spot opened up there (at one point I almost grabbed a spot in Israel but by the time I looked into the airfare / feasibility, the spot was gone). If I did not have access to my computer during the day, I checked from my phone. On Friday, as I checked from my phone, a spot was available in the US and immediately reserved it. I did not even check the other dates as I was afraid the spot would no longer be available if I waited even a minute. Be prepared to move fast as the spot may disappear rather quickly. The date is earlier in January than I hoped but beggars can't be choosers. Also, sign up for the AAMC tweets as hopefully they will release more slots. I feel fortunate to have a slot in January. As others indicated, check frequently.

Yea, I just got a spot in DC. That's about five hours from where I live, but oh well, I could never afford to take a flight anywhere.