Smart Advice Wanted! Please Help!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iliveinacell

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
:thumbup: :p I am applying this summer and fall! Yay, the time is finally here! :oops:

Just got back from study abroad and am waiting for grades to be transferred, but I know my gpa. I took the MCAT last August. :p

GPA: ~3.7
MCAT: 38T (Please don't hate me for the writing section. Sheer luck)
Two years of research
One full year volunteering/One year tutoring
excellent recommendations- how many do I need? I asked for 4 so far.
various honor societies, etc.

I have been reading some of these posts and many people are so talented. I am in awe at how well some did! But now I need help. I have no idea which schools to apply to. There are so many and they all seem wonderful. What do you suggest? :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

With your stats, I see you can be very competitive at top 10 schools. If not sure, apply to wide range of schools with where you want to be (geographic location) and cost. I'm sure you'll have ample opportunity to interview and thus really decide where you want to be.

With comparable stats, got into one UC close to home and one top 10.

You should have a good shot at most schools. Choose those schools you'd be willing to attend if admitted (if you'd never want to live in ____ don't apply to a school there just because it is top 10 or whatever).