SMP's with guaranteed acceptance? (Both MD and DO)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kkosp2451

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a list of schools that offer direct entry (i.e., you will be admitted to their school the following year if you have a certain GPA, good interview, etc.)? I'm not looking for those that have guaranteed interviews, but the ones that offer you a seat in the class for the following year.

Touro-NY comes to mind, besides this, I can't think of any. Anyone know of any?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone have a list of schools that offer direct entry (i.e., you will be admitted to their school the following year if you have a certain GPA, good interview, etc.)? I'm not looking for those that have guaranteed interviews, but the ones that offer you a seat in the class for the following year.

Touro-NY comes to mind, besides this, I can't think of any. Anyone know of any?

The Tulane ACP is pretty much a guarantee if you score above the class average, so it goes.

Members don't see this ad :)
Its also Nova. Not exactly a reputable program
I personally think that SMPs are an expensive waste for DO schools since grade replacement is cheaper, but Op asked for guaranteed acceptances and SMPs. Most of the DO ones have nearly guaranteed acceptance if you do well, but for a price that isn't worth it when you can retake classes for much cheaper.

DO SMPs are also not good for an MD acceptance.

Loyola chicago guaranteed interview if you meet certain requirments
Midwestern arizona 1 yr, and chicago 1 and 2 year guaranteed interview if you maintain > 3.0 and are within 1 SD of entering med school MCAT average

I recently interviewed for Midwestern's one year and although they couldn't get me the exact numbers they mentioned an automatic acceptance agreement coming into play for this next year valid at both campuses. For sure you get an interview into ANY of their health fields if you get a 3.0 in the first two quarters and a MCAT within one standard deviation. Hope this helps!

Easy on that excitement over a guaranteed interview. The average MD school interviews 10x as many applicants as they accept.

Reactions: 1 users
If you are a URM Drexel DPMS and Creighton University has guaranteed admission if you maintain a 3.5 in the program. FSU's Bridge program also has guaranteed admission but you must be invited to apply.

Reactions: 1 user
Most of the guaranteed acceptance programs accept people that would have gotten in anyway. They want you to score ~ an 80%+ on all your first year medical school classes. There are a significant amount of students that don't do this and are thus not auto accepted. Think of how good getting an 80%+ on all your first year medical school courses looks especially when you will be taking them again. It basically proves you can handle medical school. You still have to pass the interview to show you can handle being around people and aren't a liar but realistically I think almost anyone who can handle one of these programs will get accepted even if it is not guaranteed. I feel pretty bad for the people that get 70%-80% and get kicked out of the program (generally not stupid people so be wary) then can't even begin medical school when if they were actual medical students would be M2s.