SN2ed Calendar Shifts (4mo calendar file)!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mehc012

Big Damn Hero
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
****All schedules and information in this thread originated with SN2ed. For More information, see the links at the bottom of this post****
aaa***There is a world of difference between asking someone with CaliBrate to shift premade files and asking for a schedule to be
aaacustom-made to fit your life. If you make one with a custom length, feel free to upload it, but please do not request a custom-length calendar***

I know there are already a lot of SN2ed calendar threads (thank you for making the study schedule!), but it seems as if every time the topic of shifting the calendar dates around or making a 4 mo calendar, we either wait for SN2ed to do it for us or have everyone do it manually. This seems remarkably inefficient, since there are a limited number of test dates and only 2 schedules to fit to them! Besides, this way Mac users can use the CaliBrate program to quickly and easily shift the 3 and 4mo templates, and PC users can import the .ics files into Google Calendar.

Since the time to start a SN2ed plan for Sept has already passed, I went ahead and made both a 3mo and 4mo version for my best estimate of the Jan2013 date. I used all of the original events and descriptions in SN2's own iCal download, but rearranged the individual events to fit his posted 4mo plan. This file can now be shifted using CaliBrate to fit any test date with minimum effort! Once you shift it, just re-upload it with the length and MCAT date so that non-Mac users can use it!

Hopefully, once tests start cropping up in 2013, people can just check the threads to find pre-uploaded 3mo and 4mo schedules for their test date!

Test Date: Jan 15 (by request)
Version: 3 month
Start Date: Oct 9
Changes: No alarms, break days left blank; 3 extra breaks added to accomodate family holiday (Dec 24-26, Jan 1)
File Format: .ics (iCal)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/29676086/Jan15mo3.ics

Version: 4 month
Start Date: Sept 15
Changes: No alarms, break days left blank; 3 extra breaks added to accomodate family holiday (Dec 24-26, Jan 1)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/29676086/Jan15mo4.ics

Test Date: Jan 25 (estimate)
Start Date: Oct 18
Changes: Break Days left blank; 4 extra breaks added to accomodate family holiday (Dec 24-26, Jan 1)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/29676086/Jan25mo3.ics

Start Date: Sept 24
Changes: Break Days left blank; extra breaks added to accomodate family holiday (Dec 24-26, Jan 1)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/29676086/Jan25mo4.ics

To import files into Google Calendar:
-Save the .ical file
-Open gCal
-On the left, under "My Calendars" is a bar saying "Other Calendars" with a down arrow next to it
-In the drop-down menu from that arrow is an option to 'Import Calendar'
-Click 'Browse Files' and select the .ical file
-Tell it which Calendar to import these events to
-You're done!!

SN2ed's full description can be found at:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=623898
Original 3mo iCal file:
http://studentdoctor.net/reference-m...tudy-schedule/
Link to CaliBrate:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=11952047&postcount=10

Thanks again to SN2ed for the great schedule!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Just download it, then import the file from your Google Calendar!
-Save the .ical file
-Open gCal
-On the left, under "My Calendars" is a bar saying "Other Calendars" with a down arrow next to it
-Click'Browse Files' and select the .ical file
-You're done!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks a lot for posting this! I'm trying to customize yours a little more (I also am planning on a late January date as well). The CaliBrate that I am using wont transfer over all of the days, and it really messes it up. I have a few weekends that I won't be able to study and I know this from now. I was hoping I could learn what you did to get those free days for Christmas and New Years. Thanks again!

CaliBrate worked perfectly for me; I just selected only the days prior to the 1st and shifted them all back by 4 days, then manually changed the ones between xmas and new years. Which part isn't working for you with CaliBrate? The search function or the actual shift? It takes quite a while for that many dates, so you have to be patient.

It skips a bunch events and moves only certain ones... I will try it once more and take a screenshot if it doesn't work out

--EDIT-- I've been trying for a while, and it doesn't listen to my day ranges at all and just shuffles it up! I need Saturday and Sunday free for the weekends of 10/20, 11/03, 11/17, 11/24 (10 days total), so I'm trying to backtrack all before thanksgiving by 2 days as a start, but that wont even work. Any help would be appreciated

--DOUBLE EDIT--- Figured it out, the "range" function didn't work, so I just selected all of the events and manually deleted days I didn't want affected... Worked like a charm :):thumbup:

Last edited:
These are definitely not my schedules; they're iterations of SN2ed's master plan! At any rate, those files have been added to the original post!

Is there a way to modify SN2ed schedule and start day 1, let's say, tomorrow, and stretch it for 5 months to a desired date?

Thank you so much for doing this!! I am actually excited to begin studying. Do you know if you can print out the calendar in any way so it is easier to read? I use iCal. Also - does anyone know when we can register for the Jan 25th date? When does registration open?
Thanks! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Just download it, then import the file from your Google Calendar!
9zq9gcf

I'll try that tomorrow.

Is there a way to modify SN2ed schedule and start day 1, let's say, tomorrow, and stretch it for 5 months to a desired date?

Shifting it to tomorrow is easy...stretching it for 5 months is not. It took me a long time to shift the events around to convert the 3mo into the 4mo schedule...5mo would take even longer as you'd have to devise the schedule yourself (SN2ed had already made the 4mo one) in addition to performing the shifts. Plus, then you end up moving most of the events individually and by hand :sleep: Besides, I feel that 5mo is pushing it for a study schedule, and is less effective.

If anyone shifts the dates or comes up with another permutation, however, please post it on here and I'll edit the link into the top post! I can't take requests right now because the Mac is dead (it gets software problems insanely often), but I was hoping this would turn into a collaborative effort anyway! :xf:

****All schedules and information in this thread originated with SN2ed. For More information, see the links at the bottom of this post****

I know there are already a lot of SN2ed calendar threads (thank you for making the study schedule!), but it seems as if every time the topic of shifting the calendar dates around or making a 4 mo calendar, we either wait for SN2ed to do it for us or have everyone do it manually. This seems remarkably inefficient, since there are a limited number of test dates and only 2 schedules to fit to them! Besides, this way Mac users can use the CaliBrate program to quickly and easily shift the 3 and 4mo templates, and PC users can import the .ics files into Google Calendar.

Since the time to start a SN2ed plan for Sept has already passed, I went ahead and made both a 3mo and 4mo version for my best estimate of the Jan2013 date. I used all of the original events and descriptions in SN2's own iCal download, but rearranged the individual events to fit his posted 4mo plan. This file can now be shifted using CaliBrate to fit any test date with minimum effort! Once you shift it, just re-upload it with the length and MCAT date so that non-Mac users can use it!

Hopefully, once tests start cropping up in 2013, people can just check the threads to find pre-uploaded 3mo and 4mo schedules for their test date!

Start Date: Oct 9

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/29676086/Jan15mo3.ics

Start Date: Sept 15

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/29676086/Jan15mo4.ics

Start Date: Oct 18
Changes: Break Days left blank; 4 extra breaks added to accomodate family holiday (Dec 24-26, Jan 1)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/29676086/Jan25mo3.ics

Start Date: Sept 24
Changes: Break Days left blank; extra breaks added to accomodate family holiday (Dec 24-26, Jan 1)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/29676086/Jan25mo4.ics

To import files into Google Calendar:
-Save the .ical file
-Open gCal
-Click 'Browse Files' and select the .ical file
-You're done!!

SN2ed's full description can be found at:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=623898
Original 3mo iCal file:
http://studentdoctor.net/reference-m...tudy-schedule/
Link to CaliBrate:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=11952047&postcount=10

Thanks again to SN2ed for the great schedule!
Hi I'm a PC user and want to modify the schedule from Sep 1-Jan 25. Is there a program like CaliBrate for PC users to modify the schedule? If not, I would very appreciative if anyone could modify starting from Sept 1-Jan 25. Thank you

Hi I'm a PC user and want to modify the schedule from Sep 1-Jan 25. Is there a program like CaliBrate for PC users to modify the schedule? If not, I would very appreciative if anyone could modify starting from Sept 1-Jan 25. Thank you

Wow, no need to quote the whole long first post!

Point 1: I have yet to find anything as useful for this purpose on the PC.

Point 2: You're essentially requesting a 5-mo calendar. I already explained why making a 5-mo calendar is not as simple as a shift, and why I don't think it's a great idea anyway.

Basically, once you start talking about expanding it, it becomes an issue of re-arranging the SN2ed schedule for you, not just shifting it. This sort of shift would require going through each event separately, determining how to best fit it in, and then moving them by hand (you're not really doing a bulk shift.)
Your best bet is to download the 4-mo Jan 25th calendar and arrange it until it best suits you (I'd suggest leaving it unaltered during the FL section and expanding the content review, or maybe adding a few more FLs if you have them, and perhaps supplementing the content review with another source). Since anyone doing this would have to do it by hand, there's no easy program for it, we don't know what extra resources you have available, and it's not an ideal plan (5mo is reaching a length where you're liable to forget your early content review), likely no one will make it for you. Just go for it! Feel free to post it here when you get it made! Good luck! :luck:

Last edited:
Hi, I just wanted someone to adjust for the start date to be Sept 1 instead of the 15th and I would add in the extra practice tests at the end in Jan myself. Thanks. Would greatly appeciate that.

Thanks so much for this!

However, when I try to import this, not all of the events get through. Is anybody having the same problem? I looked at google's help guide, and it said to edit the script in some way, but the script is already written, no? And I have idea how to begin editing lol.

Thanks for any help!

Edit: Never mind! It worked when I set up a new calendar instead of trying to import it into my existing one. Still don't know why, but if anybody is having that problem, perhaps try that?

Last edited:
Mehc012 (and SN2ed) you are just about my favorite people right now! Thanks for all you've done!

Hey, How do I make it so the schedule starts on Monday Sept. 17, and still fit the January 15 date? I don't want to pay $8 just to make it so schedule starts Monday instead of friday. If there is a way to do this without calibrate, that will be great!!

Hey, How do I make it so the schedule starts on Monday Sept. 17, and still fit the January 15 date? I don't want to pay $8 just to make it so schedule starts Monday instead of friday. If there is a way to do this without calibrate, that will be great!!

CaliBrate is free...the $8 is a suggested donation in case you find their product worthwhile.

Cool program. Thanks for the schedule!

I didn't look at the modified ones, but the I think the original 3mo and 4mo schedules are really intense. If you guys have school or a job during while you study for mcat, it's gonna be really difficult because the schedule is really demanding. I was doing a graduate degree when I studied for the mcat and it was almost impossible for me to follow the schedule.

I didn't look at the modified ones, but the I think the original 3mo and 4mo schedules are really intense. If you guys have school or a job during while you study for mcat, it's gonna be really difficult because the schedule is really demanding. I was doing a graduate degree when I studied for the mcat and it was almost impossible for me to follow the schedule.

None of the modifications alter the basic structure of the SN2ed 3 and 4 mo schedules. I am not making a study plan for anyone, I'm just trying to post calendar files shifting the SN2ed schedule to different test dates. Yes, this schedule is hard, but that's made clear on the original thread (linked above)...as I haven't yet completed it, I have nothing useful to add to it.

Between Google Calendar and Outlook, which is easier to manually move the dates?
I find gCal fairly easy, but then again, I'm not paying the money for Outlook either! I borrowed someone's Mac to do the shifts on iCal...it was by far the easiest for bulk shifting.

Which produces better results on average?
The 3-month or 4-month plan?
No clue. If you have the time to do the 4-month, I'd say go for that, but again, having completed neither, I can't claim to be an expert. The original threads have some discussion on the matter and SN2ed was very active on those.
It's generally said that a longer-than-4mo schedule is not ideal, as it just makes it likely that you'll forget what you learn at the beginning.

Thanks for this, I have downloaded CaliBrate and I thought it was as simple as searching the dates and then shifting a month ahead lets say , but for some reason they everything gets condensed in one month, I had the May-August Calendar so I wanted to shift it to Sept to , didn't work out anyways thanks for taking the time this is very helpful u'll just use the 4 months schedule

Is anyone recently having trouble importing the files to Google calendar? I've tried importing them today and it just hangs after I click Import. There's just a white box with 'Import calendar' and a grey box to "x" out of it, but nothing is happening.

could someone please calibrate me a 4 month study plan ending on the march 23, 2013 test date? i have not been able to figure out calibrate... please help me! i just need a shift in the dates... should start in november 2012

Man great work; too bad this forum doesn't have reputation points or something. Where were you last year when I spent an hour writing this stuff out by hand on my calendar?? :oops:

could someone please calibrate me a 4 month study plan ending on the march 23, 2013 test date? i have not been able to figure out calibrate... please help me! i just need a shift in the dates... should start in november 2012

Yes, please..I can really use the march 23, 2013 test date calendar as well. Thank you

Hi all! Here is the calendar for any May MCAT takers. It's not exact, since I'm starting in a couple of days, and plan on finishing the 4 month schedule earlier than my MCAT date (May 18th). I'll use the extra days before my test to take more FLs. Anyways, it'll at least give you an idea of how your schedule should look if you're taking a May 2013 MCAT. Cheers!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ekhyxst05i19vr/MCAT 4 Month.ics

Hi all! Here is the calendar for any May MCAT takers. It's not exact, since I'm starting in a couple of days, and plan on finishing the 4 month schedule earlier than my MCAT date (May 18th). I'll use the extra days before my test to take more FLs. Anyways, it'll at least give you an idea of how your schedule should look if you're taking a May 2013 MCAT. Cheers!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ekhyxst05i19vr/MCAT 4 Month.ics

Hey,
I clicked on the link and it said that the file was deleted or moved
anyway you can double check it?

thank you so much!!!!

4/27/13 calendar:

Outlook seems to be easier than Google Calendar for date shifts. Still a bit of a pain though.

EDIT: I hate outlook. Some stuff didn't copy over so consider the above incomplete. I will upload a complete 4/27 calendar when I finish.

Last edited:
4/27/13 calendar:

Outlook seems to be easier than Google Calendar for date shifts. Still a bit of a pain though.

EDIT: I hate outlook. Some stuff didn't copy over so consider the above incomplete. I will upload a complete 4/27 calendar when I finish.

If you get this calendar or even 1 week sooner let me know also! thanks!

Hi,

Can someone do me a favor and shift the Calender to August 28, 2013 Test date and upload the .ics file here. I have been trying this forever on outlook but with no luck...

Thank you very much,

Hi,

Can someone do me a favor and shift the Calender to August 28, 2013 Test date and upload the .ics file here. I have been trying this forever on outlook but with no luck...

Thank you very much,

1. Which calendar?
2. Maybe, but only if I have the Mac this week
3. If you get it from a different source, please upload it yourself! This thread would work best if people uploaded whatever schedules they made for themselves as sort of a collaborative compilation of .ics files!

1. Which calendar?
2. Maybe, but only if I have the Mac this week
3. If you get it from a different source, please upload it yourself! This thread would work best if people uploaded whatever schedules they made for themselves as sort of a collaborative compilation of .ics files!

I'm sorry, here are the details

Test Date: Aug 28
Start Date: May 29
Changes: No alarms, break days left blank;

Thank you very much,

BTW, I found this website below where you can make the back bone of the calendar, if that helps anyone:
http://mcatschedule.webs.com/mcatschedular.htm

Nvm, go it thanks!

Damn, I already made it. At any rate, if you already HAVE it, why not POST it?!?
Seriously, I don't understand asking for the file here if you're not willing to post it yourself once you've obtained it :confused:

Hey, can you please make this one? I've been having some serious technical issues operating calibrate...

Test Date: September 11, 2013
Start Date: June 17, 2013
Changes: No alarms, break days left blank;

Many thanks!