So for closed file interviews ...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UCLAstudent

I'm a luck dragon!
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
UCSF, which does closed file interviews, said that it is inappropriate to contact your interviewer after the interview day is over. Do you guys think that it is okay to send a thank you card to my interviewers? I'm wondering if, by "contact," UCSF means e-mailing/calling interviewers for questions about status, etc. Any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

I think that is a tough call. If they said it is inappropriate to contact them though, I would think that would mean writing letters as well. If it were me I guess I think I would call the admissions office to clarify what they meant.

i actually didn't know we were not supposed to contact them, whereever u found that beats me. anyway, i interviewed there 2 weeks ago, and i called them after my interview to ask if i can send my letters to the interviewers. they told me it is discouraged in doing so. but if i still wanted to, i can send it to the office. since the docs were so cool, i decided to sent the cards to the office anyway.

i really don't see how that can hurt me, since it is a "thank you" card for crying out loud... besides, the interviewers gave me their business cards, which has their addresses on em. if they wouldnt want me to contact them, they wouldnt give those to me.